Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zen death robot posted:

Is the New 3DSXL worth getting if I already have a 3DXL (I'd sell it obviously)

It's basically a $100 upgrade to the new system that will likely be their next major handheld focus. Im going to get it but only because I use my 3DS a lot and don't mind paying now while I can sell the XL for value. Idgaf about xenoblade but I know nintendo will make good games for it eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

zen death robot posted:

Is the New 3DSXL worth getting if I already have a 3DXL (I'd sell it obviously)

It has a superior processor, head tracking and c stick, but the choice is up to you, my friend.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The New 3DSXL has....the right RAM?????

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wonder how many games are going to be new 3DS exclusive, really. from the comparison video the load times on it loving blazed the original 3DS but is the power gap actually gonna be a big deal?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i am willing to bet on 'almost none'

xenoblade is the only one so far even announced

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hubris.height posted:

i am willing to bet on 'almost none'

xenoblade is the only one so far even announced

im on this boat too. xenoblade is perfect since it's niche and fuckers will buy anything to play it but i doubt they're going to make some sort of big transition to utilize the extra horsepower and gently caress over anyone with a regular 3ds.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Adam only authorizes Samus to shoot in the 3DS Metroid game if you have a New 3DS.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I will buy the new 3DS and Xenoblade. I wonder if pokemon can run on 3D with the new DS

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lemming posted:

Adam only authorizes Samus to shoot in the 3DS Metroid game if you have a New 3DS.

Samus, I can't authorize you to embark on this mission yet. These aren't regular space pirates. You're going to need more power.

What do you mean Adam? How can I get more powerful?

Adam opens his mouth, the game freezes abruptly and you are taken to the store page for purching a New Nintendo 3DS.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

i wonder how many games are going to be new 3DS exclusive, really. from the comparison video the load times on it loving blazed the original 3DS but is the power gap actually gonna be a big deal?

Hopefully more than just Xenoblade. After the DSi which supported basically nothing in DSi mode (aside from the scant few DSiware titles, which had a few gems) I hope Nintendo learned their lesson. I have faith.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

Samus, I can't authorize you to embark on this mission yet. These aren't regular space pirates. You're going to need more power.

What do you mean Adam? How can I get more powerful?

Adam opens his mouth, the game freezes abruptly and you are taken to the store page for purching a New Nintendo 3DS.

The page loads very slowly.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Silver Striker posted:

Hopefully more than just Xenoblade. After the DSi which supported basically nothing in DSi mode (aside from the scant few DSiware titles, which had a few gems) I hope Nintendo learned their lesson. I have faith.

I hope the opposite. bye.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

qnqnx posted:

I hope the opposite. bye.

I can certainly understand this sentiment as well. I would just like to see the New 3DS as a sort of extras where you could have features that wouldn't work on the original 3ds but you could still play the games on an original 3ds if you wanted. That'll probably never happen sadly.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

well, games where you're messing with a third person camera a lot will p much need the new 3ds to be comfortable. so uh, monster hunter. and that'll be it probably for the rest of the system's life

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

they just announced that new downloadable indie 3d shooter game, that will be good with c stick

edit: the head tracking works fantastically well, ask me anything about the new 3ds xl as i have owned one since november

Soral
May 30, 2009

i preordered the new thing and also zelda. the store i went to was sold out of gold consoles but they still had monster hunter ones. also, i filled out the survey.

Soral
May 30, 2009

they asked ridiculous things like "was this visit more of an experience than a transaction" and it made me laugh

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I pre-ordered the Monster Hunter one as well. I have a problem. I'll probably cancel the Majora's Mask one before it ships though.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The japanese trailer for MM was longer, and narrated by the mask salesman.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i'm going to walk into a Target or something the day after launch and pick up a new Nintendo New 3DS XL (Black) and move on with my life instead of waiting a week for some crappy DeviantArt special edition.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i'm going to walk into a Target or something the day after launch and pick up a new Nintendo New 3DS XL (Black) and move on with my life instead of waiting a week for some crappy DeviantArt special edition.

Hell, I can respect that. Best of luck, gamer.

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

wish ther was a gamcube purple 3ds. i like that colour

Jawtramp
Nov 27, 2010

by XyloJW

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The black ones are likely already sold out, along with the AC adapters.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

farsel posted:

Purple or Spice would be great.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bobnumerotres posted:

if you want to play monster hunter it's a big upgrade because of the c-stick.

otherwise it loads everything a lot faster and has non-hosed up 3D. if you dont care about any of this, don't get it.

i dont think it loads everything faster, just games made to take advantage of it, which is why they always show smash and monster hunter

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
the majora's mask n3ds should've been purple

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

farsel posted:

purple

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Jawtramp posted:

The black ones are likely already sold out, along with the AC adapters.

you can use ac adaptors from dsi or any 3ds and there are 3rd part manufactureerss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Same. Checked in with my local GameStop and gauged the response. Should have no problem picking it up to game through the Valentine's Day weekend.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dec 26, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

yeah

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
oh I came to ask if this means code of princess could become a playable game but it looks like it will only support games written to enjoy it

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
what constitutes a deviant art special edition is there a gothic sonic limited edition

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
So since I have 30 or so games on my sd card does that mean I'll have to buy another really big sd card and transfer them onto that? Or do I just put the old sd card into the new system and confirm my nintendo account... It isn't telling me in the support site...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

hubris.height posted:

oh I came to ask if this means code of princess could become a playable game but it looks like it will only support games written to enjoy it

play senran instead

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

elf help book posted:

play senran instead

drat, if Burst supports the New 3DS hardware or can at least somewhat take advantage of it that would be epic. The framerate is like my only problem with that game.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

elf help book posted:

play senran instead

thought this was a vita game. huh guess this another game that you can enjoy face tracking 3d with

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

hubris.height posted:

thought this was a vita game. huh guess this another game that you can enjoy face tracking 3d with

There's a vita version as well. It has more characters and better fps but most people agree Burst is the better game over all.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the main games are on 3ds, the side games are on vita, i dunno why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

i dont think it loads everything faster, just games made to take advantage of it, which is why they always show smash and monster hunter

well you know, most things and pretty much any new/recent game. i dont expect old games to magically run better with the new hardware, unless they got software updates to take advantage of the processor.

• Locked thread