Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

jellycat posted:

It also got me thinking about how nearly every single light novel I know of is aimed squarely at a young male audience, so I started looking into if female-oriented light novels existed and it turns out they totally do! Even in Japan, male-oriented ones are the focus, but there are definitely ones aimed at girls. I've mostly been digging through Amazon, but I'm only now realizing that it'd probably be a lot more efficient if I just looked up publisher labels on Wikipedia and then went to their websites!

I'm not sure if it qualifies as a LN, but in Japan the Twelve Kingdoms novels were published on a girls' lit label.
Of course those were licensed by Tokyopop for English publication, so it'll be almost impossible to get copies of now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

You can definitely just order from Amazon.co.jp, but keep in mind their shipping charges can get really bad. There are other online bookstores in Japan that send overseas, but I can't remember names right now.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

Man, Invaders of the Six-Tatami-Mat Flat started off nice and cozy, but the more it dipped into harem shenanigans the worse it got. It was still okay by virtue of the characters not being completely overbearing about it, but then volume 12 rolled around and ugh. Uuuuuugh.

The anime was okay, didn't really get anywhere in particular, but it sounds like it's a good thing they didn't make more of it. (I think they covered maybe 4-6 books?)

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I'm confused about the flow of time in Kumoko. The side stories seem to have had around 10-15 years pass from the beginning until they get into the academy, but has little miss spider been running around in the labyrinth for that long too? The way it is told, it would seem that at most a couple months have passed for her at the same point in the story...

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Bookworm Maine should just skip the apprenticeship thing and open a hair salon, her life would be made.

• Locked thread