Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ultimatemegax posted:

Haruhi Suzumiya
Book Girl
Kieli
Another

I have paid money for these things, they are good.

I really dig bungaku shoujo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I remember that anim being pretty average.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

So how good is A Certain Magical Index? I watched both seasons of the anime as well as A Certain Scientific Railgun and was wondering if the light novel series would be a fun read.

Things get really dumb and then quite boring for a while as about 50 groups from ~the darkness of academy city~ roll up.

I really don't care for the boring third protagonist and the immortal meltdowner

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

So, watching lps is worthwhile

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm reading bakatest which is ok despite the quality of bakatsuki translations

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I read a volume of death March and it was bad, unless skill points turn you on

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm reading psycho love comedy, which is about a guy interacting with girls with various sizes of baps, the gimmick is that they're in a school for murderers

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The guy is not a murderer, the girls may or may not be, one of them wears a gas mask and has ample baps

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

quote:

"Oh, hey, you two... Don't fight, okay? Big busts and flat chest each have their distinctive qualities, ABCDEFG are all good in their own ways! Let's just leave it at that, okay? Stop arguing, okay? Love & Peace & Oppai! ...Okay? Understand?"

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tsubasa2004 posted:

Has anybody checked out Play to Live? It's written by a Russian, and professionally translated.

That's not a light novel then

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Can't just post about gaijin poo poo,in the anime forum

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Do tense errors make you tense?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Boogaleeboo posted:

The internet kind of took all the stigma out of self-publishing,

There's still a stigma but people have no self awareness in tyool 2015

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Psycho love comedy book three - the main guys sister reunited with him - turnsout she's a yan dere

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

I think she is now married to rapist guy.

Desuwa posted:

Yeah assumed she was with rapist guy (please don't go down that route) but she hasn't been mentioned by anyone for something like ten side story chapters.

Moe moe~ spiders. Would buy all figurines.

E: gently caress I'm bad at phone posting

Cynic Jester posted:

She's still taggging along with mind control rapist guy.
:yikes:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

are there any light novels left that arent mmos

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

I assume yes, but the people posting in this thread aren't particularly inclined to read things in the vein of "I Was An Ordinary High School Student But Now I'm A Light Novel Protagonist And The Entire Premise Is Spelled Out In The Title?! (And Also My Sister Is Part Of My Harem?!)"

Serious Frolicking posted:

I think she is now married to rapist guy.

Cynic Jester posted:

She's still taggging along with mind control rapist guy.

Hmmmmmm

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yeah I can see a huge difference in quality

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Linnaeus posted:

spice and wolf 16 comes out in december

Good

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm gonna read whatever kumo chan is once someone tells me what it is and gives me a link to read it and some fanart

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

It's about a goony girl who reincarnates as a giant spider: http://blastron01.tumblr.com/tagged/kumoko/chrono

Does the picture of a spider at the top of the page count as fanart?

No, but I'm definitely gonna block it out

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

blastron posted:

Thanks for linking my spider translation, Silver2195!

Namtab, if you reach the end of those and want to catch up with where most of the discussion is, there's another translator that's blazing through it far more quickly (and far less comprehensibly) than I am: http://turb0translation.blogspot.com

I'm going to read yours seeing as it reads better although I'm gonna judge you for the banner pic

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

im glad that not even the book about the girl being a spider is free from being an MMO

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Write what you know, japan

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Fleve posted:

Against the Gods I'm pretty close to either dropping or moving to a...'let's see how bad this can get' category. The first rape power-up was dumb and aggravating, but apparently the author has decided that that's how he's gonna roll and moves full steam into a similar setup. From some comments I can glimpse that that's where Martial God Asura already went in the past so I'm probably gonna avoid that one pre-emptively.

Maybe you should not read the book with rape powerup s

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

*Goon reads about rape powerups*
Hmmm I wanna see where they're going with this.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Lmao

• Locked thread