Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I only have ever read one light novel, and that's All You Need Is Kill, coming off from the high I had when Edge Of Tomorrow turned out to be pretty bloody amazing. It's a very good read, and worth checking out, and you can even get an officially published paperback in english (or on Kindle I guess) and everything.

Aside from that though, I don't know jack about LNs, is there anything else in that vein available, either fan translated or official floating around? Not necessarily in the whole groundhog day sense, just something focused on a single character in a war story, something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Just finished 'All You Need Is Kill' kind of surprised that the movie actually expands on the book rather than the other way around.

Wait, in what way was that? I don't remember anything like that at all.

Also, as an aside, I really preferred the book's ending. I totally understand why the movie was that way, hollywood being hollywood and all, but it just felt like a bad mark on an otherwise really good movie.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh, yeah, most of the film was original stuff. They changed the way the looping worked, character traits were shuffled around a lot, and a bunch of stuff was added. I don't think going for a straight adaptation of the entire novel would've been the best route to go for anyways, if just because we got to avoid child Rita.

• Locked thread