Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Are you sure that isn't just the same book with eight different titles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

SorcerousHam posted:

Ahahahaha this Tensei thing is loving hilarious, and not in a good way. Once a creepy otaku, always a creepy otaku.

How much self-loathing do you have to have when even your idealized Gary Stu version of yourself is utterly repulsive

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Postal Parcel posted:

Is it kosher to talk about manga adaptations of LNs? Because Re-Monster is loving terrible. I stopped a while ago because it looked interesting in the beginning, but then it started to feel like some Mary-Sue bs on a scale Kirito could only hope to dream of. Then I read the chapter today and it's basically "I gave some elves some aphrodisiacs and now they're totally wet for me, I'm also loving amazing".
Is the actual LN that bad? I can't imagine it'd be worse.

I read a few chapters of ReMonster too and the first thing that came to mind (besides the usual boring perfect MC bullshit) is that everything is constantly explained with this meaningless video game jargon, as if half the script is just copied and pasted from WoW chatlogs. Is it like this in the LN too? Why do people enjoy reading this poo poo? It's like reading a transcript of an LP for a game that doesn't exist, only the player is extremely boring, playing on easy mode, and really likes rape for some reason. I don't understand what you could get out of this that you couldn't get out of spending a few hours watching Twitch livestreams.

• Locked thread