Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
So today I learned that Kenkyo Kenjitsu o motto ni Ikite orimasu is a thing- a light novel with a protagonist who learns that she's mysteriously been reincarnated as the evil 'ohohoho' laughing villainess of her favorite shoujo manga and is determined to be a decent person so she doesn't hit that character's bad ending. Sadly only like 4 chapters of the first volume of been translated but just the premise is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
So I recently took a look at "I will live my second life" which I'd passed over because I figured from the title that it was another video game protagonist in an RPG fantasy world" thing, but no. No RPG elements at all! Not reincarnation. Surprisingly decent translation! Slavery is not treated as a good thing the protagonist should just accept! Why is it so goddamn sad that my standards have fallen so low that these are all selling points!

It's the most "American YA Fantasy as a Japanese Light novel" story I've ever seen, really. In fact if you put "Tamora Pierce" on the author line I wouldn't actually doubt it.

• Locked thread