Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The only light novels I have read are Baccano, Durarara and Vamp and they were all pretty good, so I was surprised when it turned out basically every other light novel was a harem series starring the author as a perfect teenage rear end in a top hat. Coincidentally all three of the series I've read were written by the same guy, Ryohgo Narita and he is pretty cool and more people should read his stuff. The translations are even mostly competent, with 4 of the Baccano novels being translated by a professional. Seriously, if you've got some free time you should read Baccano, it is an entertaining read. (Just try and avoid the Baka-tsuki translations when possible. And be prepared to skip a couple novels as they weren't translated chronologically, it's not that big a deal since the books are only vaguely connected anyway.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread