Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Nausicaa and Kushana are two of my favorite characters ever and I'm super stoked about this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

As I recall in the end of the comic Nausicaa find out the elites basically hid away to wait for their own mess to clean itself up so they could come back and dictate again and Nausicaa basically tells them to get bent and that the people of the future can handle itself. What she rejects is the world that lead to the seven days of fire and sea of corruption, which is the correct thing to do.

But I haven't read it in a while. Am I forgetting something?

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

It's a bit less ambiguous when you consider Miyazaki's political beliefs. Accepting and allowing the Old Order/Capitalism to return to power, or to try to learn from their tech and science would ultimately lead down the path of returning to what caused the problems. Whatever good stuff they knew, they also had the knowledge of how to make God Warriors.

Also their talk about humanity needing whatever they had to offer rang hollow to me. It's a lot like 1%ers calling themselves job creators, elites saying the lower classes need them to get by. Ultimately the corruption of the old order is linked with their knowledge. The revolutionary way is to purge, not to try to integrate systematic evils of te past in hopes of getting some of the perks.

• Locked thread