Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5oxP3Z2uJ4&t=62s

discuss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

its gonna be good

Dec 26, 2012

its gonna be bad

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

01011001 posted:

its gonna be bad

your wrong

Dec 26, 2012

nah

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

bitch

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

01011001 posted:

its gonna be bad

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I guess nintendo realized they didn't pander to japanese players quite enough w/ awakening, gotta throw in a few pagodas and a meido to correct this mistake

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I like how the camera zooms in on the map for the fight

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The way it swoops in on the battlefield in 3d is cool, but I hope it's not Two Overpowered Units Pair Up 2.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's going to be.

Dec 26, 2012

my hope at this point is that they only kept in the fight-alongside-buddies part of pairing up but not the piggybacking part but theyre never gonna walk back on high growth rates/caps so having a handful of overleveled guys and nobody else is invariably going to be the thing to do again

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

maybe they could make counterattacking weaker so you can't just truck everything down with one nigh-indestructable unit

and pairing up could help lower level guys more.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Donnell returns or it's a no go for me.

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

game looks dope and i believe in the nintendo

Dec 26, 2012

counterattacking being weaker would slow the game down to an insane degree and it's already pretty slow

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

01011001 posted:

counterattacking being weaker would slow the game down to an insane degree and it's already pretty slow

you could make attacking stronger too. the point is doing it this way would make having multiple units better than having them all paired up because you'd have more damage output per turn

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

01011001 posted:

its gonna be bad

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

darealkooky posted:

I guess nintendo realized they didn't pander to japanese players quite enough w/ awakening, gotta throw in a few pagodas and a meido to correct this mistake

It's thematic is going to be East vs West, as Feudal France invades Feudal Japan.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's going to own and it's written by the dude who wrote Get Backers! and that manga about decantering wine.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

The way it swoops in on the battlefield in 3d is cool, but I hope it's not Two Overpowered Units Pair Up 2.

i hope it is. the power of love conquers all

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The power of love neglects your other units.

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007
Game looks fun but still bracing myself for the inevitable 400 page discussion on meaningless stat caps and how a bunch of retards think the game should be 'balanced'.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
im hype

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

i'll have you know that my units were all living gods who were happily married

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i only played the GBA fire emblem. perhaps i will get this game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The power of grinding endlessly conquers all.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Contentious opinions abound.

I'm very excited for this video game.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
feet are 3ds exclusive

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Nigga what?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

It's going to own and it's written by the dude who wrote Get Backers! and that manga about decantering wine.

epic

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

i had to feed tharja like 10 secret books before her hit rate against normal enemeies was above like 50% fffffuuuuuuu

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

that rules

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The more Fire Emblem there is in the world, the better the world is.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

When is Mahvel, anyway?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm happy etika exists

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Hell yeah... this sounds epic.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i'm gonna marry that redhead pegasus knight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

hmm, while I thought pair up made awakening a little too easy, the rest of the game was extremely sweet, as this one will be. Reclassing units into crazy killing machines... yeah that's some serious win.

• Locked thread