Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

A cool drat horse posted:

hmm, while I thought pair up made awakening a little too easy, the rest of the game was extremely sweet, as this one will be. Reclassing units into crazy killing machines... yeah that's some serious win.

fire emblem: awakening had some serious difficulty consistency issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

It's going to own and it's written by the dude who wrote Get Backers! and that manga about decantering wine.

hell yeah

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

FEET COMFIRMED

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

01011001 posted:

its gonna be bad

i used to think awakening was good and then we had four different fire emblem threads in the imp zone and now i think it's bad.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

mabels big day posted:

i used to think awakening was good and then we had four different fire emblem threads in the imp zone and now i think it's bad.

I still think it's a somewhat enjoyable game, but it's the weakest Fire Emblem I've played.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I've only played secret stones or whatever it was called

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I've only played secret stones or whatever it was called

Sacred Stones.

And it is a great game as its main character is a positive depiction of a person with a mental disability.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mabels big day posted:

everyone in this forum is a massive retard moron queerbait fucktard

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'll probably buy this game because I liked Awakening

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

everyone in this forum is a massive retard moron queerbait fucktard

hello

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

mabels big day posted:

Why?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Goons say a thing is bad so it must be bad. The fun I have when I play Awakening must be caused by something else.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I've rethought games because of the imp zone but it's usually been either "Hey, that thing wasn't that good. huhn." or "i should give that game another shot" like ffxiii

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

it was more like, i replayed FE9, and also some of the older ones, and realized that they were much better.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

mabels big day posted:

it was more like, i replayed FE9, and also some of the older ones, and realized that they were much better.

Fire Emblem 7 is my favorite one in the series and I recognize this, but I still liked what I played of awakening.

It's good that it wasn't just "People didn't like it so I don't like it" like Games though

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
is it for the regular 3ds or the new 3ds

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
i could not give less of a gently caress but i hope you FE fans enjoy it nonetheless.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

AHungryRobot posted:

i could not give less of a gently caress but i hope you FE fans enjoy it nonetheless.

I hope we will too :)

Dec 26, 2012

Silver Striker posted:

I still think it's a somewhat enjoyable game, but it's the weakest Fire Emblem I've played.

yeah

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

red plastic cup posted:

It is for the 3DS family of consoles.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

red plastic cup posted:

the regular's logo comes up at the end of the trailer, so i'm assuming that.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

poo poo you can play it on a 2DS if you're that hosed up a person.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

i'm gonna marry that redhead pegasus knight

nice. if we get another avatar character i'll probably have it be a girl tho so that might not be an option for me.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Inflammatory posted:

i'm gonna marry that redhead pegasus knight

same, probably

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I am excited to play a new Fire Emblem game that is better than Awakening, but has Awakening's good interface and lenient support mechanics.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Awakening had probably the best rpg elements and worst strategy elements of the series, I think. Hopefully New Fire Emblem will improve on this

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

It's going to be.

http://youtu.be/GQMlWwIXg3M?t=1m

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

i had to feed tharja like 10 secret books before her hit rate against normal enemeies was above like 50% fffffuuuuuuu

se was invincible when i played

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ard mode was 2 easy and lunatic mode was too hard -___-

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

New dancer chick in new fe game really reminds me of ninian so yeah

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like, Awakening definitely has a lot of mechanical issues what with the fuckin myriad of them and how broken the pair up system is, but I both like the pair up system and how fast the game makes itself. Being able to shut off opponent turns and animations so I can blaze through stages is a godsend, I like the cast, and some of the side stages are a lot of fun to play. I wouldn't call it the best FE or even top 5, but if the new one at least takes from example some of the things you could use to speed the game up, that would be great.

Dec 26, 2012

11 and 12 had the skip-turns and skip-animations things too

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Im gonna get it and enjoy it, along with Majora's Mask 3D.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Dexters Secret posted:

its gonna be good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Beef Waifu posted:

Like, Awakening definitely has a lot of mechanical issues what with the fuckin myriad of them and how broken the pair up system is, but I both like the pair up system and how fast the game makes itself. Being able to shut off opponent turns and animations so I can blaze through stages is a godsend, I like the cast, and some of the side stages are a lot of fun to play. I wouldn't call it the best FE or even top 5, but if the new one at least takes from example some of the things you could use to speed the game up, that would be great.

it's one of the top 3, being one of only 3 fe games i have played

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

se was invincible when i played

she kept missing and it pisses me off

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i want to ride a pegasus. i dont even like horses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

they should just remake awkenings with the same feels and pie relationship gaming but remove galeforce and random encounters/reeking boxes or make the reeking boxes prohiibitively expensive. they should als o add voice synthesis software so when my avatar mytersious loyall x marriees anna she actually says i love you mysterious loyall x

• Locked thread