Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i'd like to see an experimental fire emblem w/ set levels on everything

it'd make level design better and fix the levelling system (sort of) but it'd be duller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

set levels as in non-random stats or what?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
No more levelling up, everything is exactly like it's given to you for the whole time you have it

i don't know how stuff like cavaliers/knights/other stuff that's just straight upgraded would be relevant past the early game though unless there were set promotion points or an item-based promotion or something

Dec 26, 2012

what do you mean straight upgraded? if stats are set enemies would presumably not scale much if at all so there wouldnt be too much obsoleting being done

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
i hope they redesign the knights. the huge armor in awakenings was kinda cool but it was mostly just silly to me

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

01011001 posted:

what do you mean straight upgraded? if stats are set enemies would presumably not scale much if at all so there wouldnt be too much obsoleting being done

by straight upgrade i meant that moving from cavalier to paladin is just a stat boost across the board (i forgot about them getting axes)

having people never promote would be good for strategy and make things less samey, dang.

that'd make prepromotes own a lot in general, even renault, the worst character in the series.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
it would be neat if they added even more classes but there's only so much you can do and still have balance

Dec 26, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

by straight upgrade i meant that moving from cavalier to paladin is just a stat boost across the board (i forgot about them getting axes)

having people never promote would be good for strategy and make things less samey, dang.

that'd make prepromotes own a lot in general, even renault, the worst character in the series.

yeah. could also treat prepromotes in the fe4 sense (better movement, better skill/weapon options, mostly the same stats)

hubris.height posted:

it would be neat if they added even more classes but there's only so much you can do and still have balance

bring back soldier/halberdier

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

01011001 posted:

bring back soldier/halberdier

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I just want my swordmasters and bersekers to have innate crit boosts again :(

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

aLL of your ideas are gay

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

*mysterious loyall X decides to trust something awful forums goons over a nintendo subsidiary called Intelligent Systems for some insane reason*

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
working designs still out of business

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Make a fire emblem all stars game with Ike and Nephanee and Hector and Raven and all the best characters from all the games.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Agnostalgia posted:

i'm not sure I can go back to fire emblem games that don't give me a party of cloven-hooved monsters, sorry FE:WT.

fewt????

Austrian mook posted:

Make a fire emblem all stars game with Ike and Nephanee and Hector and Raven and all the best characters from all the games.

red plastic cup posted:

i hope they redesign the knights. the huge armor in awakenings was kinda cool but it was mostly just silly to me

probably gonna wear samurai armor or something.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 16, 2015

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I meant one where those characters get unique sprites and are part of the story and the game is actually good

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
where the gently caress is SMT x FE IntSys

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
you said there would be SMT x FE

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

TheKingofSprings posted:

where the gently caress is SMT x FE IntSys

I thought it wasn't being handled by intsys

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
where the gently caress is SMT x FE Atlus

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Delayed due to creative differences between the companies, revolving around control over the project. Company morale has gone down significantly when separate test builds of the game were rejected by both Nintendo and Atlus. A restructuring of both Atlus and Intelligent Systems' teams are currently in progress to ensure both teams can co-operate equally with one another.

Or at least, that's the story I heard.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
maybe this will be the one I actually do a permadeath run for

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

TheKingofSprings posted:

lol

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

*mysterious loyall X decides to trust something awful forums goons over a nintendo subsidiary called Intelligent Systems for some insane reason*

I don't know, I'm pretty sure this is how they designed Advance Wars Days of Ruin.

'No, no, no... people want a game that's balanced, not fun. Having all that content and features junk just makes it too grindy.'

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
i'm gonna loving stab you

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Stuffguyman posted:

I don't know, I'm pretty sure this is how they designed Advance Wars Days of Ruin.

'No, no, no... people want a game that's balanced, not fun. Having all that content and features junk just makes it too grindy.'

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Austrian mook posted:

I meant one where those characters get unique sprites and are part of the story and the game is actually good

I was really hyped cos i thought that FE:A was going to have like 10 dudes from other games and they'd be story relevant. too bad.

Stuffguyman posted:

shut up

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Stuffguyman posted:

i'm going to gently caress you in the rear end!!

Dec 26, 2012

Stuffguyman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U18EuNN2D0

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

whereas SMT x FE. where the gently caress is Shin Megami Tensai crossed with Fire Emblem, Nintendo

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i played about two hours of SMT4 and decided i didn't like it

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Stuffguyman posted:

Do not post in this sub forum

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Stuffguyman posted:

http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=1lHWNw5lYiQ&p=n#/514;517

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

whereas SMT x FE. where the gently caress is Shin Megami Tensai crossed with Fire Emblem, Nintendo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

aLL of your ideas are gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
every1s a drat critic

• Locked thread