Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Lonely Bridge posted:

goooooons assembleeeeeeee

(i'm in tomorrrow, then after monday i'll be ready to poopsock)

I've had quite a few goons I haven't talked to in like, a year, message me on Steam about this, so I'm pretty psyched. It might be poo poo, but it's our poo poo.

Croccers posted:

The engine has be to better than the VBS2/whatever the poo poo the new engine DayZ uses right? Planetside 2 runs nicely for the amount of things it has to support.

Engine is almost certainly going to be better. The zombie pathing is probably going to be screwy, but I'm thinking it will be less likely to bottleneck your system in cities, and I'm betting physics deaths are going to be a lot less frequent.

biggfoo posted:

Can you fish in this game?

Fishing has been mentioned on multiple occasions, and I think there was even a screenshot posted of a dev spear-fishing, so I think it's in? It could be one of those features that never materializes, but I think fish are in the game, and fish with no fishing would be dumb.

E: More updates from one of the developers

quote:

1. Game will be available on steam @ 10am Pacific time TOMORROW MORNING
2. Whitelist servers will be there, those who have the initial servers have been notified and we left it to them to let you guys know
3. Headshot only servers mean that ZOMBIES must be killed with headshots, players are unaffected
4. Yes, we will be streaming tomorrow from our official channel (3pm Pacific), if you aren't playing or watching someone else, tune in
5. There is no pre-load option for #H1Z1 on steam for Early Access launch, the build will change too much for it to matter. (CC: @itmeJP)

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jan 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
A few of us are idling in the H1Z1 channel under the Misc section on CTS mumble.

Tomorrow we'll make a collective effort to all get on the same server between queues and inevitable crashes. There is already primitive base building in game, and Eonwe (Who played the game at SOE Live) suggested some potential spots.

If you guys are interested in playing and dying horrifically together, find us there.

You can also add me, Kimsemus, on Steam.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jan 15, 2015

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
do you have to play this through steam? ps2 was already a bit of a mess w/o it and I'm not too keen on steam for mmo-ish stuff

Orv
May 4, 2011
Probably only for EA, they'll likely have a station client for full launch.

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009
You can extract blood from zombies with a syringe, handcuff pubbies, and inject them to infect them.

I guess I didn't really want that 20$ anyway.

Orv
May 4, 2011
We should really just have a combined survival games thread under the title "Survival Games: Convening the Hague since 2013" or something.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Orv posted:

We should really just have a combined survival games thread under the title "Survival Games: Convening the Hague since 2013" or something.

You could just merge it with the old early access thread because almost every single survival game seems to be early access. The only one I think that ever made it out was Nether, and apparently that sucks.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Ptolemaeus posted:

You can extract blood from zombies with a syringe, handcuff pubbies, and inject them to infect them.

I guess I didn't really want that 20$ anyway.

All they need now are blowguns ingame and the ability to put zombie blood on the dart tips.

Orv
May 4, 2011

blackguy32 posted:

You could just merge it with the old early access thread because almost every single survival game seems to be early access. The only one I think that ever made it out was Nether, and apparently that sucks.

So, so bad.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

jabro posted:

All they need now are blowguns ingame and the ability to put zombie blood on the dart tips.

Or just reuse arrows that you shot zombies with.

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009

Kizurue posted:

Or just reuse arrows that you shot zombies with.

That should definitely be a thing.

Also from all the guest streamers they had running, it seems that fall damage isn't the biggest killer like in DayZ thankfully. I am actually decently excited to try it out tonight, especially with the mass rush to figure out recipes and beating each-other to death for blackberries and scrap metal.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Its Z-Day

eonwe fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 15, 2015

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
Anyone play both h1z1 and Day Z wanna chime in with a comparison?

I'll probably pick this up. I really like the idea of Day Z but Day Z itself is, well, you all already know.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
The game isnt out yet, my UK steam says it will release in 2 hours though so can't be too long till you get some impressions on the game

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Itshappening.gif

Just kidding, launch delayed until 12pm PST. "No preload. Sry. Last minute few things we are fixing"

It begins :unsmigghh: :soe:

E:

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Anyone play both h1z1 and Day Z wanna chime in with a comparison?

I'll probably pick this up. I really like the idea of Day Z but Day Z itself is, well, you all already know.

H1Z1 is built on what is almost certainly a better engine than what DayZ uses. The amount of autism in H1Z1 is also probably a lot lower, so while that means no feeding people bleach or whatever, it also (probably) means more shootmans, less buggy (but still buggy) zombies, and less "My balls are wet. I'm drying off. My balls are wet. I'm soaked. I'm drying off. I have hypothermia. I'm hungry. My balls are wet."

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jan 15, 2015

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

People actually thought this would be available at the announced time. :soe:

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
up here so high i start to shake up here so high the sky i scrape
I felt so greasy after giving :soe: money that I donated $35 to charity to feel clean again. My ACLU card is gonna arrive before this game, isn't it?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

jabro posted:

People actually thought this would be available at the announced time. :soe:

Laughing my rear end off at all the upset Redditors who took time off of work for this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LuciferMorningstar posted:

H1Z1 is built on what is almost certainly a better engine than what DayZ uses. The amount of autism in H1Z1 is also probably a lot lower, so while that means no feeding people bleach or whatever, it also (probably) means more shootmans, less buggy (but still buggy) zombies, and less "My balls are wet. I'm drying off. My balls are wet. I'm soaked. I'm drying off. I have hypothermia. I'm hungry. My balls are wet."

this is basically exactly my impression after having played it

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Tryhard redditors are going to identify in game using their "signature" cowboy hats.

I feel like we should use cowboy hats to easily identify each other too, and just communicate on mumble because we're not plebs.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
I just wanna roll with Goons and bandit the gently caress out of milspergs.

Nothing was better than setting up ambush points in Berizino to kill and steal loot.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Orv posted:

Probably only for EA, they'll likely have a station client for full launch.

It's already up. Also it's just an .exe at the moment but if anyone remembers the old SOE authentication bug they only half-fixed it. You can't actually play games with it but you can still force downloads. :v:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Gonna hang out in the H1Z1 Mumble channel while I do other stuff. Available to talk people down from suicide over this 2 hour delay. I know this is a difficult time for everyone.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I hate myself enough to buy yet another zombie game.

Cant wait! See you guys in a couple hours!

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe
Will there be otters?
I also have a trap in mind but it requires live porcupines. I hope they're not stopping at the old boring "bear, mountain lion, squirrel" classic North American trio of forest animals.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Be sure to give your opinions for us who are on the fence about getting another DayZ-like game.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
oh ha-ha i get it... h1z1... like h1n1... preorder cancelled

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
I'm hoping this game can bring together the WarZ goons and Highby's Heros (PS2) goons, the two most fun groups of people to play games with. Hopefully there isn't a limit on how many walls one person can build, so we can do stupid things like surrounding a town with walls and making naked newbies fight to the death gladiator style.

:f5: so I can spend my :20bux::20bux:

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I'm ashamed I didn't realize this until now. And also ashamed I'm quoted in the OP as a weak willed, spineless sucker.

With that said, OMG RELEASE ALREADY :f5:

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009
Until something is set up, I will be playing for quite a while after launch, steam name Ptolemaeus if someone gets sick of lone wolfing it.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Ptolemaeus posted:

Until something is set up, I will be playing for quite a while after launch, steam name Ptolemaeus if someone gets sick of lone wolfing it.

Just join CTS where we are all going to be playing.

Also: http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/22p8rc/monetization_in_h1z1/

This thread. BILLBOARDS, SMEDLEY LET COMPANIES PAY FOR BILLBOARDS IN THE GAME.

Because that worked so well in the first Planetside, where Need for Speed: Tokyo Drift would play for 3 years before you got in the dropship.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003
Luckily I haven't bought any of the other hundreds of zombie games so I won't feel bad about purchasing this one.

The reason this one appeals to me is 1.) there appears to be an actual focus on providing an ample number of zombies as opposed to one or two every square mile and 2.) they will be attempting to get more people on each server as opposed to one or two every square mile.

jneer
Aug 31, 2006

Mush Mushi!

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Never let it be said that you don't get references.

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 18, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you guys be cool to my boy THE PENETRATOR

DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

H5N1 posted:

a mind like a steel trap, this guy

He's a little rusty! Get it? Huh? (it's because it's steel)

I only heard about this game once a long time ago and again only a couple of days ago from a DayZ streamer on Twitch. How much buzz was there in the mean time? Could this be the sleeper hit of 2012?

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!
Does this game feature fishing?

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Can somebody clue me in on the "does this game have fishing" thing?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Can somebody clue me in on the "does this game have fishing" thing?

archeage had fishing in it that was important to some spergy internet money making thing. it caused a lot of goons to be really angry when other goons started killing fishermans and a lot of drama happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!
Dunno about that mmo thing. The ability to fish is integral to my ability to enjoy any zombie game.

• Locked thread