Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Cimber posted:

A large number of CFC <ahem> Imperium goons who play the terrible spaceship game Eve Online are launching an invasion of H1Z1, and we would like to invite those intelligent goons among us who don't play that terrible game to join us in a jolly romp. Feel free to meet up with us on the Antidote server, using GOON<name> as your character name. We will be identified with the IMP tag.

<snip>

I don't know if the paywall is down now or not, but you might want to stick that in the PGS server, lest pubbies crash your poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I think I'm done playing forever.

I went to show someone random who was nice enough the bullet glitch for opening doors, hitting it at an angle so it hits the door several times. I saw another guy in Lone Pine fighting a wolf. Said "Hey look at that guy fighting that wolf"

And the fully geared guy turned 180 degrees around to not face me because I said "Hey, look at that guy."

It's not gonna get any better than that I'm pretty sure.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

DOOMocrat posted:

I think I'm done playing forever.

I went to show someone random who was nice enough the bullet glitch for opening doors, hitting it at an angle so it hits the door several times. I saw another guy in Lone Pine fighting a wolf. Said "Hey look at that guy fighting that wolf"

And the fully geared guy turned 180 degrees around to not face me because I said "Hey, look at that guy."

It's not gonna get any better than that I'm pretty sure.

You killed him, right? Right?

DarkStryke
Jun 7, 2006

Anyone getting these annoying alt tab / enter bugs? It seems as if something is loving up and the alt key is getting stuck between window focus, as just hitting enter starts switching video modes, tab doesn't work, etc. The only fix I've found is spamming alt tab, tab, enter a bunch of times and it seems to correct the client till the next alt-tab occurs.

Had the same problem months ago, and it's not localized to just my pc as the notebook exhibits the behavior after alt tabbing.

So, it seems something in displayfusion is causing problems. Enable DF, alt tab and enter problems persist, disable it and all DF services, everything runs perfectly fine. Re-enable, problem occurs again..

At least I figured this out, hopefully if any others have this problem it's an easy fix - stop using DF.

DarkStryke fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 1, 2015

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

LuciferMorningstar posted:

You killed him, right? Right?

I wasn't planning to but yeah, you have to in that instance.

Any word on what's broken now? :soe:

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You killed a guy because he turned away from you ? And aren't going to play anymore ?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

jonathan posted:

You killed a guy because he turned away from you ? And aren't going to play anymore ?

:thejoke:

South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.

Cimber posted:

A large number of CFC <ahem> Imperium goons who play the terrible spaceship game Eve Online are launching an invasion of H1Z1, and we would like to invite those intelligent goons among us who don't play that terrible game to join us in a jolly romp. Feel free to meet up with us on the Antidote server, using GOON<name> as your character name. We will be identified with the IMP tag.

Plus, we have a mumble server to use!

Host: gaming-mumble.goonfleet.com
Port: 64738 (Mumble default)

To join the server as a guest you just need to put in any username (that isn't already taken of course) and use mellon as the password.

Joined the server as GOONillusive.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Some nerds tried to take over our base. Went to sleep. We fought back! Stole almost 10000 weight worth of items (10 backpacks minimum) plus about 18-20 weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XZC4frexc4

*trigger warning contains the Nasheed Saleel Sawarim as the backing track before we blow the door, because IEDs etc.*

orange juche fucked around with this message at 10:41 on May 3, 2015

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
We didn't have enough explosives to blow our way into the fort on the chaos server. :(

So we parked next to the wall and jumped up the car to the second floor, where all their boxes were. Took everything but a "His Regards" machete.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Xzov posted:

We didn't have enough explosives to blow our way into the fort on the chaos server. :(

So we parked next to the wall and jumped up the car to the second floor, where all their boxes were. Took everything but a "His Regards" machete.

Be prepared to be accused of hacking, but leaving the machete as a calling card is golden.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I edited out the mumble information. To find us, go here https://www.themittani.com/news/tmc-offers-free-jabber-service and join our jabber. Sign up for the free in game poo poo too!

Stack_Overflow
Jan 4, 2014
Inspired by this Imperium stuff. Started a character called GOONBucket on Antidote if anyone plays Sydney time.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Stack_Overflow posted:

Inspired by this Imperium stuff. Started a character called GOONBucket on Antidote if anyone plays Sydney time.

Not sure how many now are actually still on Antidote. We've moved around some to reduce server lag. See here https://www.themittani.com/news/tmc-offers-free-jabber-service and get on our jabber channel.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I'm playing on Nightmare still because it seems to be the only US 1st Person only server with any population on it. And even then, I wouldn't call it active.

I've built a small base just NW of Rancho Taquito, near the car parks, west across the bridge. It's on a little island in the river. Door code is 8008 if any of you need a bench/forge/grill/food setup. Don't touch my wood logs :argh:

Hearing people sloshing up to your base and shooting them because they can't strafe is many very good times. x 1670 z -2600.

You space freighters can have your organized fun. I'm going to continue hunting people like voles.

DOOMocrat fucked around with this message at 20:48 on May 11, 2015

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

DOOMocrat posted:

I'm playing on Nightmare still because it seems to be the only US 1st Person only server with any population on it. And even then, I wouldn't call it active.

What's the benefit of a 1st person only server?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Playing around with this, add me for fun times

https://steamcommunity.com/id/dreamshipwrecked

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

DARPA posted:

~My Immersion~

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

DARPA posted:

I know you used to be able to switch to third person to peek around corners in buildings, so it would help avoid that. But I haven't played this game in a few weeks so that might be fixed.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

ChrisHansen posted:

I know you used to be able to switch to third person to peek around corners in buildings, so it would help avoid that. But I haven't played this game in a few weeks so that might be fixed.

You can still peek around corners or through walls on third person servers.

I don't know if you can somehow get third person view to do it with on first person servers. Maybe while in a vehicle?

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Yes you go third person in a vehicle. I don't like being wall peeked so I tend to play 1st person servers to get around that, and only really play hardcore VR. Nothing about this game is immersive, I just got tired of being hit by people peeking with a .308.

Edit: Yes this is because I ragequit a few times after getting hit by people wallpeeking in apartments in towns and cities.

DOOMocrat fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 12, 2015

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011
If you play Hardcore, and then the Third person servers you'll notice a couple key differences. These include Battle Royale modes.

Hardcore: Less Chinese people, Less Cheaters (actual cheaters such as wall hacks specifically.), and no peeking, less players in general (Normal BR modes I see typically at 130-150 players, HC BR Mode rarely ever topped 50, with normal numbers around 35 at the start)

On a different note:

Every server seems to be modded differently, aside from the rules. With different structures added, or removed to taste of the admin or dev who had control.

Lazarus had upgraded spawn rates for everything. Bears were everywhere. IF you made any noise at ALL you WOULD be swarmed by 10,000 zombies. If you were with another player, triple or quadruple the number of zombies spawning each second. Also had custom little bases EVERYWHERE, 4 or 5 different types that were spammed across the entire map. 3-4 sheet metal per car was not uncommon. Night Vision goggles were everywhere.

Persephony has a much reduced spawn rate for everything, sheet metal was extremely hard to find, no spark plugs what so ever. 1 or 2 zombies etc etc. The custom bases that were in Lazarus were not anywhere to be found here. It was a very bare bones, stock server.

I'm not sure how much "hardcore" mode affects this, as Lazarus is a HC server, Perseph is not. Just a little insight.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Friday Patch:

Crafting UI enhancements
-Craft multiple items from UI (Example:10 arrows 1 click)
-Discovery of items from proximity

Lip sync mouth movement to voice chat

Footwear Improvements – Different types of footwear will act uniquely. Example: Sneakers will be quieter and draw less attention than combat boots.

Prevent 3rd person camera from seeing through walls

The numeric stepper for splitting stacks in inventory will now allow keyboard input

every one of these except for sync - about god drat time

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

DOOMocrat posted:

about god drat time

:agreed:

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011

DOOMocrat posted:

Lip sync mouth movement to voice chat

This would have made the truck hunting tonight much better with Britney Spears radio playing.

Shadefyre
Jan 6, 2010
How do you throw a grenade? I tried to use one last night in BR, and got killed because I ended up stuck with it in my hand and couldn't switch off. Left click just slapped with it, and right click brought it up on screen, but then neither left nor right would throw it, and I couldn't change weapon after that.

Falli Wagga
May 9, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Shadefyre posted:

How do you throw a grenade? I tried to use one last night in BR, and got killed because I ended up stuck with it in my hand and couldn't switch off. Left click just slapped with it, and right click brought it up on screen, but then neither left nor right would throw it, and I couldn't change weapon after that.

That sounds like a bug but you throw them by charging it back with right mouse like a bow and arrow and throwing it with left click. I have only thrown stuns and molatovs so maybe regular grenades are messed up.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I just tried to see through walls by angling the 3rd person camera around. You can still barely do it, but it's much much harder. The camera just pulls back.

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011

Falli Wagga posted:

That sounds like a bug but you throw them by charging it back with right mouse like a bow and arrow and throwing it with left click. I have only thrown stuns and molatovs so maybe regular grenades are messed up.

molotovs, grenades, and stuns all glitch sometimes when you try to throw them. you have to go into your inventory click them out of your hands back into a container or your bag, then put them back into your hands and pray they work. (most of the time they don't) once you click them off your hands they will glitch your guy and your guy will punch ahead of him once, taking the grenade throw command.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Patch & Wipe. So long, little shack.

* Dropped doors no longer stack.
* Repairing crossbow and recurve works. (crossbows are neat)
* Bio-fuel and ethanol exploding and de-spawning works. (woo, my prox items don't need the scrollbar anymore)
* Fix for crash bug when placing some items.
* Keys are no longer sellable or tradeable on the marketplace. Any keys currently up for sale or trade will be returned to the seller. ( :soe: )
* Names for deleted characters should now be available again immediately.
* Claiming bases from deleted characters should work properly now.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
3rd person is still bugged, as you say.

I prefer the med pop 1pv servers. I don't spawn in to newbie fight night at all spawn locations and its actually possible to effectively hide without simply angling the camera to check over fences or through windows into trailers.

The recipe thing is strange. After a week of playing you know most of the recipes and it just becomes a silly time sink to play around with the discovery tab... So I avoid recipe wipe servers.

I did like the airdrops on high pop because they actually happened and gave you something fun to do. Now I just need a high pop 1pv pvp server (without recipe wipes).

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!
So how many active goons still play this?

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Most are playing with the Evegoons group that formed, under the Slayer tag. It'll get you fully geared quick, but... there's not much to do after that except get murdered by a hacker on a hi-pop server and maybe hunt down one or two dudes on a medium pop one. But their base is pretty slick! Pungee City bitch.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Any goons still playing this? Reinstalled after taking a long break shortly after release. This games way better in groups.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Any goons still playing this? Reinstalled after taking a long break shortly after release. This games way better in groups.

Evegoons have a pgs thread for teh regular mode, but now that 2 player and 5 player BR is out, it is amazingly fun to run around as a group.

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

Anyone want to do some BR groups this evening? I've played a bunch of solo (and made it to #3 a few times, never won though), but REALLY want to try out BR 2's or 5's.

Add me on Steam if so: Fastlikecheetah

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Overture posted:

Anyone want to do some BR groups this evening? I've played a bunch of solo (and made it to #3 a few times, never won though), but REALLY want to try out BR 2's or 5's.

Add me on Steam if so: Fastlikecheetah

Same. Added you. I'm Shanks.

E: Others can add me for Team BR action.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 22, 2015

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Played for the first time in ages today. Linked up with a dude after I helped him fight off an ambush, then kind of got turned off by him continually inviting people to join us and then promptly murdering them. Game's a lot more fun than I had remembered, think maybe I'll come back more.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Team BR is a ton of fun. A friend and I reinstalled a played a few, had a great time. Then he went to get something to eat, I logged into the regular game, couldn't find the motivation anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

always be closing posted:

Team BR is a ton of fun. A friend and I reinstalled a played a few, had a great time. Then he went to get something to eat, I logged into the regular game, couldn't find the motivation anymore.

BR has destroyed the rest of the game for me

• Locked thread