Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
Anyone play both h1z1 and Day Z wanna chime in with a comparison?

I'll probably pick this up. I really like the idea of Day Z but Day Z itself is, well, you all already know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
I just wanna roll with Goons and bandit the gently caress out of milspergs.

Nothing was better than setting up ambush points in Berizino to kill and steal loot.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

Stanley Pain posted:

This isn't exclusive to SOE mind you. This is actually kinda the status quo for EA, Kickstarter, "Alpha", "Beta", etc games.

I really think Valve needs to clamp down on this poo poo.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

rizuhbull posted:

. Why do I keep coming back?

Because once things get up and running to a semi decent degree and everyone gets a feel for the mechanics this poo poo is fun.

So what's with the Reddit sperg over name plates? Do you really see a username on top of someone at all times? Kinda sucks for snipers/stealth if thats the case.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

Eonwe posted:

no if you are really up close to them you'll see it

Oh.

Well good then. Reddit gave me a completely wrong impression.

The way they put it it was like you see EONWE!!!!11!!! in big bright neon colored letters at all times.

"my stealths!"

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

Kimsemus posted:

I'm actually 100% fine with this. Simply camping the crate with a rifle sounds like fun and I support it.

Yeah, sounds fine to me.

ed

Eonwe posted:

yo dude, i pay money for bad games all the time and admit they are bad

im not rationalizing anything

Considering that most games are bad and people buy them all the time...

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

Haroshia posted:

Honestly I think if the game was just :10bux: :10bux: pay to play there would be a lot less rage about it. Smedley is already on thin ice with a lot of people because of SWG and Planetside 2 Implant bullshit. Regardless of how they ultimately decide to tweak the air drops, it was a massive PR fuckup. Smedley still seems like a glue sniffing idiot, and their game has made an awful first impression.

Wait.

Did they gently caress up PS2 even more?

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

Haroshia posted:

They've just been loving it up so continuously is my point.

It was meh for a good year, and then for about 6 months it was fun, then I don't remember what they did but it made me uninstall the game and not play it anymore.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

Foodchain posted:

Can someone explain why a shipping container that is full of supplies explodes upon gently making contact with the ground. Also why is a supply drop full of zombies.

Because it's loving hilarious?

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

Tide posted:

Its like that Ren and Stimpy episode..."Who knows whats in it? Maaaaaybe something good? Maaaaaybe something bad!"

Yeah but we'll all be pushing the SHINY CANDY LIKE RED BUTTON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

Republicans posted:

That one I imagine is much harder to fix because it would require a lot more server-side inventory management. But if anyone knows how to patch out item duping it's gonna be an MMO dev.

Do all the other online survival games have similar duping exploits?

DayZ?

Nah, that one ain't got any exploits.

:shepicide:

• Locked thread