Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I heard someone made another zombie game. Is this the one with the bad AI or bad gameplay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

lol at anyone who paid for this

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

This is a lot of entertainment I've gotten by not spending any money

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It is ok to enjoy bad things since you expect them to be bad. You get what you want.

You really have to be dense to think this game is going to be good, or have not heard much about SOE for the last forever years, or not even read the op.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

H1Z1: Yet another zombie survival game
H1Z1: The dev says it is p2w but ymmv
H1Z1: H1Z1 > DayZ? Smedley says no

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I like that post because SOE has routinely proven otherwise. It goes in a cycle and has been repeated many times before.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

They did the same poo poo with EQ2 and other SOE games.

They try to engage. Give false hope. Then do what ever they want. And repeat.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

When I was playing EQ2 (back in like 07/08 I think?) they werent bad but I havent played in long time. I'm interested, what are people afraid they will turn this into? They are clearly not going to just let it rot, but are people mainly worried about unfulfilled promises?

For the last few pages or so people are worried smedly will say something and not deliver or do the opposite. Which is kinda his gig. Someone even put it as the smedley effect where he does this then hides out for a long time.

Well the people being upset about the p2w gun / air drop thing is funny, the image that reddit produced showed SOE.jpg of saying one thing and doing another.

EDIT: You will see more things like this as time goes on

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 17, 2015

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I went looking for some of their PS2 snafus but I didn't want to put that much effort into it right now. Maybe tomorrow.

One of the first ones was the issues with camouflage. They wanted it to be cosmetic only, give no bonus, and not be confusing to a player what faction someone was on. This pretty much didn't happen except for the cosmetic only ones. There were plenty of ways to pretty much hide what faction colors you had on by camo.

From the first game and some basic game design, you don't want teams or classes to be hard to identify. Normally the outline shape and color of clothing should be used to do this. An example of good design is TF2 where it is pretty easy to tell who is who and what is what. In PS2 they promised that then threw it out the window.

There were other issues like things from Planetside 1 not carried over to Planetside 2, a few being map designed for vehicles, air gods, sky guards, drivers / gunners in tanks, faction specific light vehicles, and some other poo poo. But it normally boils down to they have a plan and stick to it but their PR guy, Smedley, or who ever is speaking to the consumers end up promising everything including poo poo not in the plans. Then they apologize and move on since people will still give them money.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Blazing Zero posted:

eh, if he wants to be really angry about smed and soe, it's fine with me. he can play with me on launch if he wants, it'll be free then.

It ain't being angry. It is called answering questions when someone says "What did they do in planetside 2?" which was asked several times.

always be closing posted:

Stop posting in this thread, tia.

fight me irl

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jan 18, 2015

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

break

lol

over

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I can't wait for the 40 dollar H1Z1 package followed by the 100 dollar package that people in this thread will buy.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

How many goons are playing? I'll pretty much buy anything if I can have fun shooting the poo poo with goons.

SOEs demographic

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Xae posted:

The Engine is bad.

Turning settings down has a side effect of turning down the amount of work the GPU does and trying to have the CPU do it. The engine is already a CPU hog so lower settings may make your game run slower.

Also dumb things like all shadows are on the CPU, not the GPU.

They call it "ForgeLight", but it is still based on their lovely EQ2 engine which was all CPU based.

The EQ2 engine was created to be future proof way back when and was horrible because of it.

It was so bad that they made ForgeLight

Games that use ForgeLight: PS2, EQ Next, H1Z1, EQ Next Landmark

Where did you see that it was based off of the EQ2 engine?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I enjoy :soe: games for all the wrong reasons

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

No don't stop.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

it is almost like saying an entire group is a single thing is dumb and moronic

It is like all of you are akumos

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

NeurosisHead posted:

are there any games that you actually play or do you just post about how bad and dumb all games are

are you bored of the game that quickly or do you need friends to play with? I don't mind if you join me in other games.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

He is probably a much better PR person than he used to be if you ask me, but I still hate PR people.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Hahahaha.

I mean Sony was pissed at SOE for running vanguard for years at a loss and other dumb things. I guess it just took them some time to get pissed enough.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 2, 2015

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

haha

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Tab8715 posted:

Eh, it's free forum with a great layout. While the rest of the reddit community might be a little :sperg: there's plenty of great content.

look at this guy over here thinking reddit is a great layout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Eonwe posted:

imagine if blizzard made a loving planetside game

i'd literally figuratively jizz myself

Planetside 3 with a corruption faction

and larger max shoulderpads

• Locked thread