Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.
Just got this game and playing with my brother-in-law and a few friends. Any suggestions on a good spot to build a base? Where are the best spawns for guns and ammo? Is it police and fire stations like Day Z?

I'll jump on with the rest of you Goons after I learn the ropes.

A few more questions.
If I break down a door on another players shack, can I replace it with one I built and change the key code? Can I place structures on another players foundation/platform?

South fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Feb 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

South
Apr 9, 2001

They changed the recipe for crafting a backpack. I cant figure it out.

Edit. Figured it out.

South fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 25, 2015

South
Apr 9, 2001

Any suggestions on where to build a base? I was thinking around 2813, -2521in the north west, or 2687, 860 in the north center.

South
Apr 9, 2001

I'm playing on the Hatred server with some real life friends.

There is a really weird group of what I assume are Asian players. They all have a three digit number for a name like 601 or 520. The leaders names are a G followed buy two digits like G19. Its kind of like a queen bee and worker bees. The G's are always armed with a shotgun or AR and the Numbered guys only have really basic gear. They G's always travel with a group of Numbers, but the Numbers can be alone or in groups. If they are alone they will say they are friendly but if they are in a group they will attack. Its really weird. They have a huge base straight north of Ranchito Taquito

South
Apr 9, 2001

Legdiian posted:

I play on that server from time to time and I have run into those guys too. If you see me, don't shoot!

E: How loving cool would it be to goonrush their base? Goons don't do fun stuff anymore :(

What is your ingame name? Mine is Illusive.

South
Apr 9, 2001

The servers are still down for the patch. They were supposed to be back up at 6am PST. Hopefully it fixes the game crashing whenever you die.

South
Apr 9, 2001

Misandrist Duck posted:

This game is good actually

Except for the ESP ambotting Asian hackers.

South
Apr 9, 2001

They patched some stuff yesterday. The dew traps seem to be deteriorating in less than 12 hours, so do not leave anything in them. They added the demolition hammer so you can tear down stuff if you placed it wrong. They also made Battle Royale much easier to join. I seem to be getting a lot more disconnects since this patch.

South
Apr 9, 2001

Pro Tip. They changed the heal rate from med kits compared to the damage rate from the poison gas from Battle Royale. You can no longer hang out in poisonous zones spamming med kits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

South
Apr 9, 2001

Cimber posted:

A large number of CFC <ahem> Imperium goons who play the terrible spaceship game Eve Online are launching an invasion of H1Z1, and we would like to invite those intelligent goons among us who don't play that terrible game to join us in a jolly romp. Feel free to meet up with us on the Antidote server, using GOON<name> as your character name. We will be identified with the IMP tag.

Plus, we have a mumble server to use!

Host: gaming-mumble.goonfleet.com
Port: 64738 (Mumble default)

To join the server as a guest you just need to put in any username (that isn't already taken of course) and use mellon as the password.

Joined the server as GOONillusive.

• Locked thread