Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Can a goon please stream this so I don't have to watch garbage like CohhCarnage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
John Smedley's twitter is pretty interesting.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
So I see a lot of crying about airdrops and broken promises yada yada, but think about how sweet it's going to be to kill someone that has just spent money on items. Dying sucks, but dying after you've just dropped $$? That's going to sting.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Smedley's carefree-I-don't-give-a-gently caress approach has always been a source for comedy. We got EA, "p2w", a zombie survival game, SOE and of course, smedley. It's the recipe for a perfect shitstorm so sit back and enjoy.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Battle royale looks fun as hell.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
If you need a goon topic or post to tell you why it's probably a bad idea to pay for an early-access zombie MMO with some p2w features that is going f2p after alpha/beta, you're an idiot and should stay away from the internet. Everybody that has spent 20 bucks (at least in this topic) is fully aware of what the game is and what's it not so I don't really understand what point you're trying to make here, Knifegrab. But thanks for chipping in. :jerkbag:

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

Every time you kill someone for their airdrop: you just took $5 from them. I am prepared to overlook pretty much anything thanks to this.

:agreed:

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
And just in case you spent your last remaining 20 bucks on an early-access game and is furious about airdrops, smedley's got your back.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Knifegrab posted:

Its me, I am patient zero. I think I had a stroke earlier, I buy bad games all the time and now I'm lecturing about bad game purchasing. I have over 500 lovely games in my steam library what the gently caress is wrong with me.

Good, good...let it all out. Accepting this is the best thing you've ever done for yourself. Everything will feel and taste better tomorrow.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
It's nice to have someone care about you on the internet. Thank you, Anime Schoolgirl.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
I really like the music.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Drinkfist posted:

I was just browsing some pictures around the webby web and this one reminded me of you guys.

This is a really funny post. Great picture, Drinkfist. Can I save and use it in another thread here on something awful?

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

ethanol posted:

please don't convince me to buy another zombie game

Ok I'll try and convince you of not buying it.

Let's break h1z1 down and see what we got:

- MMO.
- zombie "survival" which attracts the absolute worst of the worst in a community that's already full of really bad people.
- early-access alpha testing (that you pay for)
- f2p, which in the real world means p2w. Nothing is free. Don't be an idiot.
- SOE
- Smedley

So right off the bat and we learn it's the worst genre in gaming. It's going to stay early-access for about a year until SOE decides to ship "as is" and transfer 95% of the development team to smedley's next project, at which point a new zombie IP comes up and all the goons jump ship.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Did they add competitive fishing in the last update

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

kcer posted:

can I dupe ur fish plz

No I am very protective of my early-access alpha items that's going to be wiped once a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
I wonder how long smedley will be allowed to stay where he is.

• Locked thread