Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

planetside 2 was cool so i want to believe planetside:nazi zombies will also be cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Frog Act posted:

Wow, those event tickets and stuff seem spectacularly stupid

If the core gameplay is fun I think they could be pretty cool :shobon:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I barely read about the game but it was pretty obvious months ago that the airdrops would be Good poo poo that people could fight over.

At this point the population density seems low enough that you can just clean it up yourself but thats probably because no one can log in, hopefully it'll be insanely loud and obvious to anyone within a couple kilometers

Also, the cosmetic stuff they're selling sticks with you every time you respawn, that's the stuff that smed sez will never be weapons/armor

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Michaellaneous posted:

Do you honestly think anyone in their right mind would pay 10 bucks for a crate that can be spawned anywhere on a 8x8km map that will grow even larger?
I didn't say it should :confused:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

The Duggler posted:

It horribly buggy and featureless right now, but it doesn't seem unsalvageable.

The fact that it's from Sony is what worries me and ultimately makes me think I should have just went outside and given a hobo the :10bux: :10bux:

Ive played 3 sony mmos, everquest planetside and planetside 2 and they were all cool

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Drinkfist posted:

Its loving great watching bigger companies drop Zombie survival games only to lose to the Fun Pimps.

Seriously 7 Days to Die is peak Zombie survival minecraft. The only thing they were missing was vehicles and they are adding a buggy this month so that is totally checkmate.

I have been looking at this H1Z1 game you guys all paid to play and wonder why people can't just wait for something to release and buy into Early Access for a SOE game no less. I can totally understand a Early access to a small indie dev company because the bankroll they make always seems to find it's way back into the game or the next project. SOE has the bankroll already and proves time and time again they don't know how to manage games. Why the hell does John Smedley still have a job as president? They should have had he step down after the last 100 PR disasters and dumb poo poo he has pulled on their own games. Why the gently caress does SOE need to Early Access a game? This should have been some invite only closed/open beta game. Get this garbage off steam Early Access. gently caress John Smedley.

Any company with the staff to run a mmo well doesn't really qualify as "indie" imo (200+ player zombie games are mmos)

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 18, 2015

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I find that if there are no zombies around a building it's probably been picked clean, the areas close to respawn locations are pretty much dead zones wrt loot

I really hope they add visual cues to show if a container has been ransacked

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

The problem is the genre is 100% based on "emergent gameplay" which means there isn't a game

Yeah this is really why I'm interested in seeing what a big dev studio does with the genre, maybe they'll implement actual gamey stuff like custom factions and meaningful territory control

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Republicans posted:

Looting cache keys off zombies is a start.

How do those work, do they give you /loc coordinates to dig up the treasure? Treasure maps were pretty fun in UO and Darkfall so its cool if soe is taking cues from them

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

With the current map it would be pretty hard to call in a airstrip unnoticed, the plane is visible/audible from a huge distance away. I've seen two drop and both had people fighting over the loot before I got there

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Eonwe posted:

yea guys, the items in our base nice to have, but losing them isn't really a big deal at all

yeah with all the duping going on there'll probably be a server wipe within a week or two anyway

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

if I put anything in the communal goon stash it means im okay with the possibility that it will be hoarded by the 1% and/or deleted by hackers, it's really not worth worrying about and anyone worried about their poo poo should have a private stash anyway

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

UbiquitousFiend posted:

•The wrench now has a wrench model

this is bULLSHIT

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Why would Sony cut SOE loose if EQN was shaping up to be a real good mmo that could supplant WoW :ohdear:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

That would be a pretty sweet out for Bliz: everyone is sick of WoW and expects them to reinvent the MMO next time they make one, but if they pick up the Everquest brand they don't gotta do poo poo except make a cool new Everquest, and they already did that once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Well, it is just a playable alpha test. I can't imagine they were expecting a big 24/7 turnout week after week. Battle Royale is the only ruleset with actual gameplay implemented and it seems pretty popular

• Locked thread