Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
I'm hoping this game can bring together the WarZ goons and Highby's Heros (PS2) goons, the two most fun groups of people to play games with. Hopefully there isn't a limit on how many walls one person can build, so we can do stupid things like surrounding a town with walls and making naked newbies fight to the death gladiator style.

:f5: so I can spend my :20bux::20bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Kimsemus posted:

STEAM GROUP: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/smedbucks
Current main server for Alpha: Requiem

Follow me brothers, for Rust was but the the training ground in naked, pubbie killing survival.

How set in stone are we with the Requiem server? I can log in just fine now and see the server list, but Requiem is consistently unavailable to join. 95% of all the other servers work just fine, however.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Air drops seem pretty simple to fix if that many people are really bitching about them. Rename it to Supply drop, have it have a RNG box of survival supplies including gear, flares, high end food & water, and ammo. Include zero guns. Its still a high value target for other players to fight over and doesn't give anyone that pay2gun feeling. Bam.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Getting really tired of hearing about the P2W nonsense. If anything it is a Pay-for-possible-temporary-advantage, which is what EVERY Free to Play game on the market offers. If you were guaranteed the airdrop, guaranteed a gun with ammo and it persisted through death, then yes it would be Pay-to-win. The simple fact that you drop everything you are carrying on death makes it balanced (to me, at least).

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Can you destroy other peoples base parts and use them for your own? Like walls, barb wire, shacks etc.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

A person blew up when they didn't expect to. This is a brand new frontier never seen in any other video game.

You'd think after the 15th probation you'd get bored of threadshitting. I guess not.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

The idea of starting from scratch somewhere isolated and sending out patrols of PVPD has been hilariously amazing so far, we should keep it up. Once a HQ gets too hot, we can pack up and move around while bringing justice to all those picking blackberries without a proper permit.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Learn to love the makeshift bow and arrows. Once you understand the bullet/arrow drop, it is 100% accurate and can kill any player or zombie in one headshot. Best of all you can make one as a fresh spawn and ammo is basically unlimited.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Adam Clegg ‏@Arclegger 25m25 minutes ago

For those wondering, this: “Drop”, “Unload” and “Place” inventory options have been removed from proximity items. Means dupe bug is fixed.

I guess we will find out.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Haroshia posted:

Go shoot a pubbie.

Words of wisdom, Lloyd my man. Words of wisdom.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

On a related note I really don't see why you guys think it is necessary to stay up all night and defend the base from endless waves of reddit glitchers. I understand you don't want to lose your hard-fought dupes but reality is people will always be attacking us while we sleep. No one should be required to be on 24/7 watch, its just impossible.

We appreciate the effort for sure and it made some great 8 vs 1 youtube videos, but I don't think any one would be mad if you just called it a night like the rest of us.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

I almost felt bad taking gear from the public storage since I felt like I took too much. Did I really need a .45 and a shotgun? No, but there was 30 shotguns and 1000 rounds of ammo so why not. The only real issue I saw with the public loot system was people tended to take blackberry juice and not return the empty bottles. Kind of annoying but not a huge deal.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

According to Twitter, the first big ban wave for cheating is incoming today. I hope it is effective but :soe:

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

John Smedley ‏@j_smedley 3m3 minutes ago

loot should be way better when the servers come up. Maybe too much better if you ask me... but I'm stingy with loot. @kalyper is a giver.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Before the goons picked a server on the first day I was running around on a PvP, 1st person only server and really like it. I'd be up for trying out a new server if there is interest.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Overdrift posted:

They've definitely fixed something with loot. I've been finding tons of scrap metal on cars and most containers have something now.

That's been the case for a few patches now. The problem is with the loot not respawning once its picked up for the first time. After a fresh server restart there is tons of loot all over the place, but then none of it respawns aside from some goggles and water bottles.

To be fair, the devs said a while ago that loot spawning would be very hard to tune so it feels correct. They are trying to put systems in place that read the servers and spawn the more 'needed' type of loot. If you have 200 fresh spawn players with sticks and bows the server is supposed to spawn a higher number of guns and ammo, and then once more and more players get geared up with weapons the server is supposed to tone down the number of gun spawns. It sounds like an interesting system in theory, but a bitch to get working correctly.

Prophecy120 fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

LuciferMorningstar posted:

We have mixed to Blackout!

• Locked thread