Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Ahhhh, I remember the old naked rock fighting arena in Rust.

It was almost as fun as the roving Jeopardy gangs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Overdrift posted:

I remember setting up a trading post in WarZ with a bunch of goons and trying to get pubbies to play along. It inevitably got hosed up by a hacker/server hoppers, but it'd be really fun if we could get something like that going in H1Z1. I really regret purchasing the DayZ standalone though, so I'm going to wait around and check out some more impressions of the game before diving in.

Hah. Holy poo poo I forgot about the gunshop in the beantown post office. That was hilarious.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Svanja posted:

What is your favorite game?

Pac Man, obviously. It is the most pure version of gaming ever achieved, and no mere game developer can ever hope to reach that pinnacle again.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I can't believe I am considering buying this horrible game. I remember all the fun of early Rust days... but I also remember some of the misery.

And the fuckshacks.... oh the fuckshacks!

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Can you pick up placed landmines in this game?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I think some of my best memories in Rust were the raids we did with like, a dozen guys in cloth armor with pipe shotguns and bows.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I can't believe I just bought this terrible game to play with you horrible people.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Spawned in earlier (for the second time. I got killed by Goons the first time) and immediately saw another player named Toysrus, who I proceeded to beat to death.

I think I'm getting the hang of this.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Knightmare posted:

Eh, they have to make money somehow when this game goes F2P at launch and I can't imagine people will keep spending money on airdrops when they realize they'll only actually get the airdrop about 5% of the time.

Finding tickets is pretty easy, and you win a ticket back for placing top 5 I believe which shouldn't be too tough when they fix the BR servers to only allow 32 people in instead of 200.

There are also crates like TF2/CS.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Republicans posted:

I really hope they make metal scrap more common because it's so drat important yet so scarce. Make wrecked cars generate it at set intervals like rabbit traps or something.

Its funny cause once you get 3-4 pieces you are set for a while. That's enough to make a backpack frame, spear and hatchet with some left over.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Evilreaver posted:

I don't think a community where you have to pay :10bux: to rejoin after a ban could survive

Pretty sure there have been hackers in some other EA games like Rust that spent several hundred dollars on accounts as they got banned.

EDIT: I just realized what you did there, you clever bastard.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I've found joy in playing a pacifist in Battle Royale mode. I run around with my hands up blasting "Why can't we be friends" over virtual audio cable.

I die every single time, but it's usually good for a laugh and a free hat skin.

Regarding loot: I feel like it's alright for right now. Once Alpha is over and done with maybe tone down the gun/ammo spawns a bit, but I'm actually finding enough food/cloth/metal to not be playing Blackberry Eating Simulator 2K15 anymore.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Whats up with Battle Royale? I played some this morning but now the option is grayed out.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Patch notes:

quote:

Bandages and First Aid Kits no longer heal vehicles when used from the trunk
Reduced the amount of stacked ammo that can be found in the world.
Finding a full magazine worth of ammo will be very rare.
Adjusted the amount of durability lost on worn equipment when killed.
Adjusted the amount of durability lost when firing weapons.
changed some input mapping data which may reset some edits done to
InputProfile_user.xml if they player has edited them
Speculative fix for large latencies when players dismount vehicles.
Fixed additional cases of poison gas persisting after leaving a Battle Royale match.
Adjusted toxic gas damage.
adjusted some server configurations to improve overall server performance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

holy gently caress, they didn't :soe: at all

They probably broke something else. You can't logout now. :p

• Locked thread