Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes

MrYenko posted:

:stonklol:

Everyone ok, at least?

Well the cast iron came out ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes
How are you going to get it back from that cat though :ohdear:

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

KingShiro posted:

Just made a batch of cornbread...this thing is going to the end of me.

Did you cook it in bacon grease? You should.

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

doctorfrog posted:

Why would anyone feel bad that they like a food? Because someone on the internet might say something?

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

VelociBacon posted:

No way does the actual quote say either and not 'neither'.

:argh:

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

The only rule upon going to iron is "Thow shall know no fear."

Hunterhr fucked around with this message at 09:34 on May 1, 2015

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

Safety Dance posted:

"Thou shall, however, know a healthy respect of grabbing the handle of a pan right out of the oven."

Because ouch

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Incidentally, if you have a problem with steak or chops curling when they cook, don't use a press, just score the fat band vertically in several places before you cook them.

Son of a bitch

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be pan that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king

You know what to do. :black101:

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

22 Eargesplitten posted:

My former roommate hosed up my pan a couple times and let it rust. Since then, the "olive oil +1 hour in the oven" seasoning doesn't seem to hold. Is there a more thorough seasoning that isn't super spergy I should do?

I thought olive oil was a no no for seasoning due to the low smoke point.

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

MrYenko posted:

If you then pour out the excess bacon fat, and wipe it gently (aim for a thin, even coating of fat, rather than to clean it out,) with a paper towel, you can also make your toast in the pan.

NOT THAT I DO THAT.

:btroll:

My toast tends to absorb the bacon grease just fine. And is delicious.

Oh hey death what's up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

MrYenko posted:

Any microbe that survives a 300°F+ iron hellscape deserves its chance to infect my innards.

Who dares wins