Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

What's the whole appeal of ceramic stovetops, anyway? Easy cleanup and sealed burners?

Every owner I have talked to has hated them or been a compulsive neat freak babying it and never answering the why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

spankmeister posted:

Those open topped spiral burners are not at all prevalent in europe so if you have an electric range you get a glass topped one nowadays.

Now that you've typed it, I'm not surprised.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

My mother has a cast aluminum dutch oven that I keep trying to steal but is the one pan she always wants back.

Back to ironchat, I should clean up the rusty old basement special Lodge combo cooker sitting on my project shelf. I have a problem with the things and keep picking them up and giving them away. I like them a bunch but already have a stack of skillets and a few proper Dutch ovens so they end up going to people stocking new kitchens before I get the itch again.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Can you depend on an aluminum skillet as you run through a pack of zombies for the last dash to the safehouse when your M16 runs empty and a boomer pops all over you?

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Griswold supremacy :coal:

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

QuarkMartial posted:

I use cheap mesh splatter guards I bought at Dollar Tree years ago. Works well for me, but I still wipe down the stove afterward.

Me, too. Only mine came unused from a yardsale.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

I eat a slice of cold pizza while waiting for a hot piece to come out of the toaster oven to douse with Louisiana.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Sothern style cornbread made from batter poured into a screaming hot bacon greased skillet is pure delicious. And I am a guy who finds bacon :geno:

Combine with beans for a meal I could eat every day for a long rear end time and not get tired.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

I love Northern style cornbread. But it stands alone with a smear of butter for me. Southern is burly enough to sop up beans.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

It's just a roundabout porridge. gently caress the haters.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Dremels are excellent at xlruining things very quickly. Just ask TFR or AI.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Keep using your pan, it is fine. And pies turn out allright in a skillet. You will likely need to adjust cooking time, however.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

rndmnmbr posted:

Eh, you could grind that crack out, braze it up with brass rod, and it would probably be fine.

It also makes pans look awesome.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

BBQ Dave posted:

...something salty and vegetarian...

Season the sauce with Vegemite. Or Marmite if you want a bit more twang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

I want that pan. Looks like it a good size/weight and nice handle for French style omelettes. And a mountain of crêpes.