Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!
That electrolysis before and after picture comparison is amazing. Makes me want to go buy a bunch of old cast iron just to have test subjects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

funkatron3000 posted:

Welp, 3/4 of an LP tank later the cauldron is somewhat seasoned. It's not the deep black we want yet, but we're on the way. This is probably the last update until I get a chance to cook with it and/or start a huge grease fire. I'm going to fabricate a stand for it and make a wooden paddle in the meantime.

Pre seasoning. There was some serious pitting up around the lip.

My makeshift pot holder out of three metal chairs.

Fire! I may need to get a higher output burner, this is just what they had at Home Depot. Everyone online seems to like the "bayou" brand burners, so I may invest in one.

That's awesome. I wish I had a reason for something like that.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Biscuit Joiner posted:

fyi: Sausage gravy is the recommended adhesive for joining two biscuits together.

eta: speaking of biscuits, I've been making egg and cheese biscuits by cooking the eggs in the oven with the biscuits.

I add the eggs about six minutes before the biscuits are done. Works great and only one pan to clean.

That looks amazing.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

SubponticatePoster posted:

I just finished a 4lb boneless lamb leg in the 10" Lodge (fit perfectly) and have rosemary potatoes done in the drippings. Oh my. The house smells so good right now.

Oh man, that sounds amazing. I've been craving lamb for about three weeks, but the wife doesn't like it. I might have to manufacture a reason for a get together just so I can make this. Invite someone that will insist on having lamb.