Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Hopper posted:

The thing is I want to avoid buying the smaller one only to then realize I need a bigger one and buy a second one. My kitchen storage space is limited, especially for heavy items like that.
Don't worry, you'll end up buying more than one anyway. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

You mean the "put bacon in a pan on the range turned up to high until it's charcoal" technique isn't the best way to make bacon?

It never ceases to amaze me that the idea that "bacon shouldn't be cooked at as high of a temperature as literally possible" blows people's minds.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

Enourmo posted:

If your cast iron pan is not cracked into pieces it is a good cast iron pan.
Literally the first time I used it :saddowns: :

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

Subjunctive posted:

with a cookie sheet you can put the bacon on a cooling rack, with thick slices of bread underneath

:aaaaa:

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

It looks like the crack goes all the way through the wall of the pot, so I'd try boiling some water in it first just to make sure it doesn't leak (too badly).

Neat little pot, though.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

Stalizard posted:

I can fix the seasoning no problem, but how the hell do I get the cigarette smoke out of it?
I suspect the smoke smell is in the seasoning, so if you completely strip that, the stink should go away.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

His Divine Shadow posted:

Personally I think you should give it a scraped surface, take it to a Richard King scraping class :v:
It would be worth the $2000 for the class just to see his reaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

litany of gulps posted:

I've cooked a million tomato sauce based things in my cast iron pans and never had a problem. My pebbly surfaced Lodge pans have also become smooth over time. I think the answer is always just cook more bacon.
The Something Awful Forums › Discussion › Goons With Spoons › The Cast Iron Thread: The answer is always just cook more bacon