Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
gently caress the police. Eight years of abuse and poor pan maintenance, meet angle grinder + strip disc, then sanding sponge + bar keepers friend. :q:

https://i.imgur.com/I0yzkmx.mp4

I followed this seasoning guide with organic linseed oil and it came out looking like this. :drat::dudsmile:

Edit: I just realized how much I love that there are two completely contradictory schools of thought on cast iron.

The virgin cast iron school of thought: “If you so much as look at a pan wrong and touch it once with soap, you’re history’s greatest monster. Never clean, only cook.”

The chad cast iron school: *straps on a double respirator and grabs the angle grinder/orbital sander* “Iron was forged in the heart of a dying star and I can’t wait to see myself reflected in its mirror-like shine courtesy of this frying pan.”

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Sep 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU