Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Suspect Bucket posted:

Yep! Cleaned up beautiful. Shows how far gone a pan can be and restored.

How did you season it? I freshly seasoned a pan a few weeks ago and it's not nearly as black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Yeah that looks delicious. How much fat do you use to keep the eggs from sticking?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

MrYenko posted:

I love oven-baked bacon, but I also love pancakes made in the bacon grease, and I also hate doing dishes.

:effort:

I do this thing: put cold bacon in cold cast iron into 375 deg oven, let it all heat up and cook checking every once in a while until at desired level. I tend to go over ten minutes for cripsy bacon.

Then by the end you have a hot pan full of rendered bacon grease, which you can save and use part of to cook pancakes immediately.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

this is actually a pretty concise vid about taking care of cast iron without obsessing over the perfect seasoning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLGSLCaksdY

can anyone identify the type of burner they are using underneath it, like in the shots where they sear steak and scallions? my biggest complaint about my cast iron is that it does tend to form hot spots, and i have a lovely electric stovetop. It looks like they might be using a portable induction cooktop, if those exist?

WorldIndustries fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jan 12, 2017