Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

at least ragnu might be vaguely related to the actual plot and have some sort of impact on something, unlike the entire bullet/azrael/tager subplot from cp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I guess, but what is related to the plot at this point? At least that subplot had Azrael who is the best BB character in a long time.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Meanwhile we look at Guilty Gear's new characters and they are all amazing.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Endorph posted:

wait, when was that image published? because i saw fanart of ragna with that design on pixiv in like early 2013 im pretty sure

did blazblue rip off a pixiv artist

That design is from a 2013 ASW compilation artbook, one of Mori's old designs. The name (Alpha) wasn't known until he made it a banner. Given how hard they were pressing Nu near the end of BBCP with all the cauldron mess that sort of final boss/Izanami finishing attack wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Remix Heart is horrible but I'd be okay having Mai be playable just for an anime version of Rogue.

I main Bullet/Tager and want them to be relevant but ASW likes to supply plot relevance to complement tier lists it would seem, lol.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

Meanwhile we look at Guilty Gear's new characters and they are all amazing.
bedman was kinda bland and i still dont even know what his deal was meant to be

i like everyone else though

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I saw some deviantart image where with Mai looking like some Clint Eastwood-esque Cowboy Gunslinger and I was really hoping it was real because that would be amazing.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Endorph posted:

bedman was kinda bland and i still dont even know what his deal was meant to be

i like everyone else though

he's a man in a bed

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He should probably exercise a bit, he'll get sores.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

he's a man in a bed
bumpy knuckles baby

and i want you to say hello to the bed, bed man

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSwUhvJRv9Q

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Beef Waifu posted:

Oh wait until you hear about what Ragna actually looks like at the end of CP.

I dunno man, there's something great about Ragna jumping from losing limbs to just losing his entire body. Keep on getting shat on, you crazy only-decent-person-in-the-entire-game.

I'm just waiting for Jin to get his own magical girl transformation.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

It's this

edit: sorry, forgot to thumbnail

Huh.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

BlitzBlast posted:

I dunno man, there's something great about Ragna jumping from losing limbs to just losing his entire body. Keep on getting shat on, you crazy only-decent-person-in-the-entire-game.

I'm just waiting for Jin to get his own magical girl transformation.

It'll just be Hakumen with tits.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009

Dj Meow Mix posted:

It'll just be Hakumen with tits.

You joke, but that design is probably just waiting to be unleashed during the next iteration of BlazBlue.

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
i think i'd like the blazblue story a lot more if my main wasn't literally the dumbest character in the entire plot it's litchi

agree on new gg chars, leo owns. elphelt owns just because of guns n' roses and her bonjovi IK. bedman kind of owns.

edit: that part in bbcs where hakumen cuts through time basically just to see if he still could was hilarious

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

sol badass was able to do the impossible:

make nickelback listenable.

even speedwagon is scared!

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
It's too bad that skullgirls is soooo bad because that Bigband Trumpet guy looks sick to play as

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

lol @ teh zato-one burn

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
PSN is having a huge sale on pretty much all the fighting games this weekend for those who care and have a PS3. You can get GGXrd or JoJo's Allstar Battle for $20 and other games for even cheaper.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

CaptainYesterday posted:

Rival Schools and Project Justice are pretty anime. The first game's create-a-fighter mode is a dating sim.

You just made me really sad because I forgot these games existed and now I remember that I'll never get to play them again. Also, never gonna have a sequel.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Apparently Under Night is getting a UK release, anyone know if it's actually worth playing? The description from the OP of it being closer to something like Street Fighter makes it sound appealing.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

If you've played Melty Blood its more like that but if everyone except for like 2 cast members had arms half the length of the screen (or more!). It is not SF at all.

I don't like it that much personally, but to French Bread's credit its at least improved over its single revision so far.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Apparently Under Night is getting a UK release, anyone know if it's actually worth playing? The description from the OP of it being closer to something like Street Fighter makes it sound appealing.
it really isnt close to street fighter at all

it's a pretty good fighter though, i like it. it has some neat mechanics.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

It's this

edit: sorry, forgot to thumbnail

there is a really win doujin where female ragna r*pes jin

e: edited wording to prevent triggering

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
I want Baiken back. :smith:

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

CaptainYesterday posted:

Rival Schools and Project Justice are pretty anime. The first game's create-a-fighter mode is a dating sim.

I used to play Project Justice on my Dreamcast a lot. Other games that took up too much of my misspent youth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7-AZ6RqT84&t=29s

It is hard to get more anime than a game where you fly around shooting psychic powers at each other. It's actually really fun and cool once you get over it not being like Street Fighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVLox2NMjpQ

Unless you are a giant robot fighting game with a story mode that is trying to be as anime as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6MFigAJT1Y

Or...whatever the hell Evil Zone is.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anime. Evil Zone is incredibly anime.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Beef Waifu posted:

Anime. Evil Zone is incredibly anime.

:stare: Wow. Just....wow. I haven't seen a game that anime since Castle Shikigami 2.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Under Night In-Birth: Exe-Late is the best fighting game ever made, actually. You should buy it. Everyone should buy it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Big fan of Melty Blood so I'm holding out hope for a PC port.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

MarsDragon posted:

Or...whatever the hell Evil Zone is.
At least show the Paul Eiding Chronicles.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Arcana is a really solid and fun fighter, and I hope the update gets brought over here ASAP.

Also, the Shin Koihime Musou fighter really should be in the OP. It's extremely footsies-based (probably more than anything else in the OP), with the occasional flashy fatal combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Not THE ULTIMATE HERO?

• Locked thread