Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Hrm, don't see any mention of the Umineko fighter, which is very good and everyone should play it. :)
you played it once with me and then never again you fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Popehoist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qb_lcQGm6Q

Also DFC really shouldn't be on this list, it's consigned to the garbage bin along with every other anime FG that died on day 1 (big bang beat, million knights vermillion, vanguard princess, chaos code, ougon)
the difference between DFC and those games is that DFC is ridiculously popular in japanese arcades

and also big bang beat ruled

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You owned me too hard
didnt i ronove counter literally every move you did one round

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Popehoist posted:

None of the games I listed died in Japan on day 1, I was referring to western FGC scene. DFC is also the worst game on that list which is quite impressive. I think its gameplay style of canned combos that lead directly into dumb oki is appealing to a lot of low-level japanese players, hence the popularity.
i think mikoto misaka is appealing to a lot of low-level japanese players, hence the popularity

Pitch posted:

somebody's gotta tell me if this acronym is on purpose or not
its japanese

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fiend Computer posted:

UnderNight is surprisingly good which is weird cause I was all ready to hate it.
why would you want to hate a game made by the melty blood devs

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fiend Computer posted:

also never played melty blood :v:
what the gently caress

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

melty blood is a good fighting game

if you like tsukihime/nasuverse then it's also interesting for that but even outside of the thing it's based on it's just a Good Game

and i mean the characters are pretty self-evident. here's a dude with a knife. here's another dude with a knife. here's an androgynous woman with a knife. here's an electric vampire. here's a dude made out of bees.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jan 17, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Outer Science posted:

when's g-akiha, my true main
that time she fought onslaught in salty bet was the funniest thing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kokonoe and Terumi are definitely going to be included.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

Oh my god, they are seriously going to do what they did with CP and add an entire section of the story dedicated to Remix Heart, aren't they?
i think it's just a little bonus story with remix heart characters

i think

probably

either way i dont think it'll wind up like phase 0 did in cp

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wait, when was that image published? because i saw fanart of ragna with that design on pixiv in like early 2013 im pretty sure

did blazblue rip off a pixiv artist

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

honestly ragnu would be the least stupid new character in a while

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

at least ragnu might be vaguely related to the actual plot and have some sort of impact on something, unlike the entire bullet/azrael/tager subplot from cp

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

Meanwhile we look at Guilty Gear's new characters and they are all amazing.
bedman was kinda bland and i still dont even know what his deal was meant to be

i like everyone else though

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

he's a man in a bed
bumpy knuckles baby

and i want you to say hello to the bed, bed man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Apparently Under Night is getting a UK release, anyone know if it's actually worth playing? The description from the OP of it being closer to something like Street Fighter makes it sound appealing.
it really isnt close to street fighter at all

it's a pretty good fighter though, i like it. it has some neat mechanics.

• Locked thread