Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moonlit Knight
Nov 26, 2018
Not that it makes a huge difference, but I think the "let sort" part may benefit from let-else.

Also, in the second block you can just
code:
assert!(sort.parent.is_none())

Moonlit Knight fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Sep 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moonlit Knight
Nov 26, 2018
Why k - 1? For k = 1 every child should be removed in order, but in your code, idx would be constant, right?

Edit: oh, got it. You need to decrement the index because the queue has one fewer element.

Moonlit Knight fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 11, 2023

Moonlit Knight
Nov 26, 2018
I think scroll is a popular crate for this kind of usecase. You might also want to have a look st zerocopy or watto (disclaimer: I worked on watto).