Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Final Fantasy 8 isn't about battling to get higher numbers. Instead, it is about manipulating a card game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.

Doctor Goat posted:

Final Fantasy 8 isn't about battling to get higher numbers. Instead, it is about manipulating a card game.

This is true I remember that game had a card game which was way more fun than the real game. Nerds would be like 'no lets go fight so I can summon a cactus and mash a button real fast to make it SUPER CACTUS STRONG' because they were spastics tho. Maybe if JRPG's were less like anime they'd be more fun and less bullshit filler episodes about calculus vampires or whatever.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
Only play jrpg's for the minigames is what I'm saying.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Triple Triad is sick as hell and I'm tempted to buy the game for my Vita even though I wouldn't have fast forward.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

*Bursts into thread out of breath* The test came back positive, OP is an extremely AIDs ridden bitch.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i like jrpgs and jsrpgs but mostly just from the 90's

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Silver Striker posted:

*Bursts into thread out of breath* The test came back positive, OP is an extremely AIDs ridden bitch.

nice

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

jrpgs sound p cool id be down to play some single player math games about leveling up

lol jk im not autistic enough to jack off to poo poo animay pictures propped up by grind and spreadsheets

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Bacon Hat posted:

jrpgs sound p cool id be down to play some single player math games about leveling up

lol jk im not autistic enough to jack off to poo poo animay pictures propped up by grind and spreadsheets

hey guys new troll from GBS here

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Swelter Discharge posted:

hey guys new troll from GBS here

epic bacon hat

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Bacon Hat posted:

If you have to grind in a single player game or use spreadsheets you're a loving idiot.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

i wish these negative attention seeking retards would gently caress off forever.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
I decided to get Earthbound on the Wii U online buying thing. Is there any problems with that version I should know or should I just slam that purchase button and break my wii u controller

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

I decided to get Earthbound on the Wii U online buying thing. Is there any problems with that version I should know or should I just slam that purchase button and break my wii u controller

Its fine.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
If your health is rolling down and you either end the battle or heal it, it stops the counter and treats where it stopped as the current HP. There's an enemy that suicide bombs you for massive damage that can mostly be ignored if you close the battle fast enough.

oh i didn't see problem

well keep that in mind either way

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
loving bought

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

loving bought

good job

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sir Bacon Hat here.

Bacon Hat posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, Sir Bacon Hat has entered the mother freaking building.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
gve them the yoda avatar

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

*army of bacon zombies suddenly appear*

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
humiliate the gbs posters by vandalisign there cyber identitys

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

the battle system is primitive but it's still a great game. enjoy your purchase

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

tell me some good JRPGs so I can stop being a loving gamer bitch

Etrian Odyssey III & IV. Fire Emblem VII, VIII & IX. Dragon Quest III, IV, V & VIII.

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
Dark Souls. Dragon's Dogma.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i was playing etrian odyssey but it didn't click with me despite my ocd for mapping. :negative:

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

i was playing etrian odyssey but it didn't click with me despite my ocd for mapping. :negative:

How far did you get? They can have a bit of a slow start.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Silver Striker posted:

How far did you get? They can have a bit of a slow start.

i got to level 4 or 5 of the 3ds remake of the original i think. not far at all but everything was a little too static for me in the battles and i was going back to town way too much

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

I.N.R.I posted:

gve them the yoda avatar

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Real hurthling! posted:

i got to level 4 or 5 of the 3ds remake of the original i think. not far at all but everything was a little too static for me in the battles and i was going back to town way too much

eo: u is easily the worst eo, but still better than vanilla eo

if you can get your hands on a cheap copy of 3 or 4 those are much better games

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
eo:u's story is neat to go through. highlander and gunner are both incredibly powerful

there's also a dupe glitch to get past the really annoying grimoire farming to get the coolest trickery

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i didn't try the story mode at all

but i got so bored doing that loving underwater part that it soured me on further progress. plus persona q came q came out while i was playing. i'm still gonna buy eo md and eo u 2

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I'm not sure if I going to buy Mystery Dungeon because I generally don't like those games, but on the other hand... Etrian Odyssey, motherbitches!!

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah it's not for everyone, but I'd say try EO3, it's the best in the series.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
Xenosaga episode 1

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

O__O posted:

Xenosaga episode 1

don't even joke about this

xs3 is pretty drat good though

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

So you can break the rest of the game.

Seriously you can get the ultimate weapons from the start of the game thanks to the card game.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

Iron Casanova posted:

I know the feeling.The game is crazy good and barely anyone mentions it.

I think it has to do with how it came out right at the end of the Gamecube's run.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Golden Goat posted:

So you can break the rest of the game.

Seriously you can get the ultimate weapons from the start of the game thanks to the card game.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
is that pandoras tower game on the wii any good

also what about the last story

• Locked thread