Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Marketing for what Infotainment?

Anyway, the "Twins of Atticus" have come forward and been given a good talking to by police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I did but there's no link to any student film or even the title of the student film which is presumably not even completed yet if they were just out filming it, so if they're promoting their film they aren't doing it very well. Everyone will have forgotten about this in a few days. Also they would well and truly be going the extra mile in putting in effort promoting what I assume is just an assignment for a film class.

Anyway whatever that was all about I have to admit I would be well freaked out if I saw those two approaching me with weapons. That possibly would make a passable horror movie.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

WarpedNaba posted:

Considering what happened in France, people're probably pretty drat jumpy about armed dudes in public.

Yeah if this was another country they may have ended up dead instead of just getting a firm talking to.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Infotainment! posted:

Sportspeople are/are inviolably linked to the upper class in nz.

He said sports fans, not sports people.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Exclamation Marx posted:

sorry :(

read this, then click my av

I really hate the "i'm sorry, but..." speech cliche. It's such a weak thing to say, if you have a strong view why would you be apologizing for it in advance. It's especially inappropriate in this context.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Imagine the shame of getting sued by the worst ever NZ band.

Yeah, it would be shameful getting sued by Goodnight nurse.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9TBHe22nH4

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

fong posted:

really? In what way?

Butt Wizard is probably referring to the one time she was excused from parliament for the kind of utterly trivial minor misbehavior shown by every other MP many many times.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Butt Wizard posted:

That's clearly Lydia Ko

Uh, that's Lorde

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Infotainment! posted:

I think you don't understand what a perfectly overlapping correlation looks like.

So, most people in the South Island are racist cops, got it.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Butt Wizard posted:

Heads up guys ASB is doing something dumb and changing its name to ABS or some poo poo.

I bet the S is going to stand for 'Solutions'.

ABs

All Blacks

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Butt Wizard posted:

It's not like the Greens weren't telling people to vote for Jacinda in Auckland Central either a few years ago. I'm not sure why Gower is so shocked.

Didn't stop a lot of them still voting for the Green candidate stupidly though. Some people just don't understand democracy.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Butt Wizard posted:

Some people have this thing about voting for the person who they feel would best represent them.

The nerve.

No it's pretty stupid to throw away your vote on a third candidate with no chance of winning, sorry. Especially since it splits the vote and causes probably the candidate they would feel least represents them to get in. I think most people in the thread understand MMP though.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Ivor Biggun posted:

We really need preferential voting.

Exactly, the STV system should be used for the candidate vote. That would probably make things too complicated for people to understand though.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

They could maybe fix SH1 in the Taupo area so the main loving highway isn't covered in potholes, too.

But that's not in Auckland or a contested political area so it's never going to happen.

Haven't they just completely redone the whole SH1 going through Taupo, it was completely different the last time i drove through.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Butt Wizard posted:

I'm probably misreading what you're saying here, but an earthquake in the South Island is not unforeseeable event. The Alpine Fault has a monumentally high chance of rupturing in the next 50 years (in geological time frames). It'd be like Aucklanders going "A volcano? In Auckland?" if the volcanic field got restless again.

Maybe i'm misreading you but I think the Christchurch earthquakes were largely a surprise occurrence (and not caused by the Alpine fault). Nobody really was expecting earthquakes in Christchurch but everyone knows Auckland is built on volcanoes.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Slavvy posted:

What is she 'famous' for...?

And no I'm not going to sully my browser by actually looking that poo poo up.

She's famous for getting fired off x-factor.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Ugh I am sick and bored so I did a Twitter Sarah on Natalie kills.

And people think she's a bully.

She is indeed, and if you act that awful on national tv in some bizarre attempt at getting attention, there is going to be a response, including from every moron with a phone.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Slavvy posted:

I'm going to do what a normal person would do, which is to say: nothing, because I don't give a gently caress, and practically everything about tv, popular entertainment and especially the nz 'entertainment industry' makes me want to scrub my balls raw with steel wool.

Don't forget the Bachelor NZ starts tomorrow on TV3!

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

WarpedNaba posted:

There's a TVnz 6?

There was, now there is TVNZ Heartland instead.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Slavvy posted:

30 people get to spread their entrails around the room and crow about how much better they are than the other 29, on tv, so they get to gently caress one person and it'll be a ~*~match made in heaven~*~.

Who watches this poo poo.

Some people like light entertainment that they can talk about with their friends I guess

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
By some people of course I meant common plebeians, not those of heightened intellect like those of us here posting on the internet

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

fong posted:

Hate to tell you but Tru Bliss didnt even have originality going for them. Spice Girls were formed via talent/reality show.

Yeah but not televised, that was done behind closed doors. NZ Popstars was the first such TV show.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I think the whole intention of publicity stunts like this is to get people talking about it like "wow that's so bad-dumb I don't fall for that poo poo so I'm gonna share it everywhere so everybody knows I don't fall for that poo poo" and then that poo poo gets everywhere because everybody is shouting to the godless heavens how little they care.

I call it "Kanye Westing".

Surely the intention of this "publicity stunt" was for TV3 to make itself seem incompetent for hiring 2 terrible nobodies as judges, who proceeded to enrage an entire country and destroy what little hope of a career they had left?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

mirthdefect posted:

Gene Hackman, or the animated one in the green and purple robosuit?

The one from Smallville.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Butt Wizard posted:

It's almost like there's an opportunity for a credible third-party candidate.

Yeah, almost, but not really.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
It might mean more competition for vodafone and spark though.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
What really happened: everyone was discussing the cricket like most people in the country while Slavvy sulked in the corner muttering to himself about all the sad plebeians and their mindless entertainment, while he composed that fictional dialogue to show the internet how much more enlightened and intellectual and concerned with important poo poo he is than the common mouth breathing sports fan entertained by such frivolity as men hitting balls with bats.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Both good results.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Butt Wizard posted:

The North have elected a bigoted old senile attention seeking gently caress who will do nothing to advance their interests.

You forgot rrrrrracist!

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Whoa, I get it now, John Key is a great bloke after all. Love to have a beer with him.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

Garth George is a piece of poo poo.

Bob Jones is a dickhole who makes hay out of being a piece of poo poo.

Yeah Bob Jones knows what he's doing, which is being hilarious.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Butt Wizard posted:

How the gently caress has John Key 'privatised just about everything'

What is this dribble

Is this some new expression I haven't heard or are you trying to say "drivel"

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
You know what would rate well? a new local soap put opposite the incumbent well established local soap. What a stupid programming decision that would be.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Slavvy posted:

This blows my mind; I hadn't realised that I'd become so detached from reality (by not having a TV). People actually sit down and watch multiple tv programmes in a row? Don't they have anything better to do?

Yeah it's bizarre, don't these people realize there is the entire internet to waste hours on watching youtube videos of people falling over?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

dusty posted:

This is literally why Helen Clark was such a poo poo Prime Minister. The Labour luvvies who still talk of her with their hearts in their throats make me wanna spew.

Little at least seems the closest yet to match her political competence, but I suspect he might be as politically gutless as she was.

"luvvie" means a theatre actor, not sure if that's what you're going for with that word usage?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I enjoyed that video. Next time I have a beer with John there'll be a bit of banter for sure

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

IIRC, those aren't tracked.

I'm pretty sure they would be.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
You guys are dorks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006