Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

The Schwa posted:

"happens to be" is a phrase used by lovely people only

This happens to be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

What was the last one, Mike King's solo-effort after Strassman's bombed?

Bring back Friday's version Nightline with Farrier and Ikram segments, imo.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

christ, i hope so. i gotta get out of my current job and i don't have a lot of better options.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Traditionally, ISP chat belongs in the other NZ thread.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Slavvy posted:

WTF is a trundler

One who trundles.

There is the Goon Meets thread which is less prone to apoplectic fits of rage but more prone to talking about where your internet comes from (and sometimes both).

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Looks like TVNZ is finally investing some real production values into local dramas.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Bridges is stupid because of the things he says and does, not the manner in which he says and does them.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Uuuugh. gently caress the people that moved near it and would then complain about the noise. It was there well before you were, fuckers.
gently caress people that do that at all. I'm looking at you, people near Western Springs and Eden Park.
(Although I do have sympathy for the people that complained about the PowerStation when it started having dance parties and you would hear doof-doof until 7am instead of dying off at midnight).

Westpac Stadium is only allowed to do 3 concerts a year, because the uppity wankers who live nearby pressured the council to only allow 6 excess-noise events a year, and of course they need to do a soundcheck which counts as one.

Then they complain about how the council investment in the stadium took too long to recoup (despite being paid off earlier than forecast), and how it's not used enough for the amount that was paid in, and fly up to Auckland or the Mission Estate or wherever to see their stuff.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

I heard they all work at Russell McVeagh too

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Jaguars! posted:

Westpac stadium, that's surrounded by a hellscape of industrial warehouses, highways and railway tracks? What

Westpac Stadium, that's adjacent to Thorndon, Wadestown and Khandallah with minimal anything to block sound carrying to where rich white folks might have to hear it.

i mean don't get me wrong the place is a loving concrete mausoleum but we paid for it, we may as well use it outside of the ruggers and the occasional home and garden show

Big Bad Beetleborg fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 28, 2018

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

can we get a virus for horses next?

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

I have flash cards with pictures of bees, but folks put blinders on the ponies at the track so they can't see them.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

I'm very concerned about exploding rabbits.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

please stop

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

bike tory posted:

I knew a bike courier in Wellington, he was the fittest stoner I've ever met. Is there an UberWeed yet?

That'd be illegal

so probably, it's basically uber's MO at this stage

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Given how straight forward it seems our privacy laws are with regard to data held about you and your freedom to request a copy at any time, really the only way I could see requests being vexatious would be if you were to request it from the same people repeatedly, or make multiple requests that specifically covered sequential windows.

They might have been on safer ground if they admitted it had been referred to the AG/SG's office and it was going to be reviewed in light of the on-going litigation but I'm not sure how they'd have been able to claim any form of legal privilege on those outside of confidentiality which wouldn't apply to a person making a request about his own data.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Did he gently caress his son? The gently caress is going on here

I mean, he named the kid Buster so yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

Rod Emmerson did this in the Herald.

I replied to the tweet he did showing this work with this:

He's now blocked me.

I stand by every word I said.

i bet this guy feels like a real dickhole today

or maybe not because he's damaged enough to have drawn it in the first place but you know what i mean

• Locked thread