Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Do you mean groan factor? Because everything is lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
I love watching cricket; it reminds me that dairy farmers exist and have their own targeted advertising.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
I do feel like buying some grass-seed now though.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
We could only afford our house because a; my wife has a good job and used kiwisaver to her advantage and b; my mum died and left her house for me and my sister to sell.

I'd rather it not have happened that way but uh, thanks mum.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Not being negative about the campaign at all, but all I can hear is 'hold me closer tiny raacist' to the tune of Tiny Dancer.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Labour man, where do you start?
First, let's choose a leader who has one of those tight-looking mouths, like you just assume he's an rear end in a top hat and mentally just write him off. Politics shouldn't be about appearances but sorry dude you look like you took a bite out of a poo poo and lemon sandwich.
Have almost zero actual visibility in the world except when National does something bad, and then jump up and down shouting like my three-year-old when the dog is doing a bad thing.
When pressed for policy details, just kind make like a 'i-unno' noise and then slowly think, like I can see the gears going in your head, then come up with a re-worded version of whatever bullshit National is doing only harder.

I got so loving mad about how useless they are the other day. They need to be getting out there and taking peoples anger and frustration and redirecting it. What are people mad about? Housing, don't loving blame foreigners even though it's easy to. Give the real reasons and make people mad about it. Homelessness? loving the National government, give the reasons and come up with a solution. The same people who voted National are the ones complaining about begging and demanding a solution, if it was pointed out why homelessness exists and how National have ramped it up then maybe it would help. Synthetic cannabis deaths? Same thing.
There seems to be an unwillingness to even try to get this across. I realise there's a risk of sounding like you constantly blame National for everything but a lot of people who may not vote might actually respond to it. If you're giving an actual adult reason to vote, even if it's just against the party in power, then that's a vote that wasn't in the mix before.

Probably none of what I wrote makes sense but I get all mad and that's how it seems to me and I'm not even a Labour party member, I've always voted Green and will do again.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
I think the radical difference and change of her being the leader rather than another boring white guy will pick up a few extra percent in the votes. Women seem to do pretty well in NZ politics in my opinion and maybe, just maybe, youth will be more inclined to actually vote for someone who is only 15-20 years older and looks less than that.

But I'm probably wrong and yay National go Bill etc.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
What kind of prehistoric disosaur still gets ads on their browser?

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Varkk posted:

Old people, you know the ones who actually vote.

The same who watch ads on TV I guess.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
I'm gonna vote death, because I crave its sweet release.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Haven't voted yet, will probably vote sometime this week. Still can't decide between Labour and Greens. I've voted Labour, Green, Green, Green in the ones I've been elegible to vote in. I still want to vote Green but part of me wants to reward (sounds dumb I know) Labour for finally pulling their heads out of their arses and making some positive changes to their image and policy. I think I still align more with the Greens but I'm going to go over policy again this week before I vote.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
I really just want to vote for the sweet release of death but I guess I have to vote for a legitimate party.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Voted Green, feels good man.

Polls are a way of keeping people home by making them think 'oh well they're gonna win anyway what's the point' etc.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Wandle Cax posted:

i think i remember reading some research saying that if your party is in front you're more encouraged to go out and vote for them rather than not bothering because they're ahead anyway. Who really knows how it influences people though, it could go either way. If your party is behind you might be more encouraged to vote for them too.

I think it depends on your personality too, whether you are pessimistic or optomistic. But I worded my post poorly, I meant more like if your party is way down in the polls and the Herald is predicting a landslide then from what I read in the analysis of one of the recent elections, it can lead to people feeling like their vote doesn't matter so why bother.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
I ended up voting last week, went Green. It's funny, since I voted I haven't really followed the election anymore. I only read about it anyway, I can't stand watching the news or listening to the radio but if I can read about it fine. But yeah it's almost like it doesn't matter now because I can't change it and they can't change my vote.

As for the result, like always I hope for the best (Labour/Green) but expect and am prepared for the worst.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Lol NZ, just lol. I guess my lifelong policy of low expectations leading to never being disappointed wins again.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Winston is a fickle man but it'd be a shame to turn his back on his slogan of Had Enough by joining National, in effect saying Because Here's 3 More Years Of It.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

redleader posted:

The guy who set himself on fire then died may have been the lucky one.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Won't someone think of all those poor concentration camp guards who'll be out of a job when the allies win the war?

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Slavvy posted:

My missus is from there and we went up for a weekend, it's still a shithole.

I grew up there and my sister still lives there and can confirm, was a shithole and only getting shittier.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
RIP my fig tree. High winds weren't really your thing.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Tree fell on my house.

RIP your house:(

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Also I'm dumb as hell so what's an RP accent?

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Received Pronunciation - it's a British accent.

Cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

i can't decide if i find the herald running headlines about MAFS every day or how blatantly they are attacking labour over anything and everyhing more offensive tbh

For me it's the way Kate Hawkesby and Mike Hosking get a column a day in which to poo poo all over anyone who isn't rich and white like they are.

• Locked thread