Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
and he would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling voters :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I like video games therefore I cannot like sports

it's in the bible, man. It's serious poo poo.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I actually quite like rugby (surprise!) but I'm going to be really pissed off if we end up with a sports logo as our national flag. The committee obviously really like the silver fern, but its association with the ABs is too strong; it just doesn't belong there. Like, the NY Yankees have a nice logo, but I think the Americans wouldn't be happy if it replaced the stars and stripes.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
what is it with the NZ right-wing and stealing Eminem as background music

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

thepaladin4488 posted:

Cat breeding, NZ's greatest threat
This but unironically. Domestic cats are doing crazy harm to our biodiversity.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Ivor Biggun posted:

CYFs ... Serco
No loving way.

That's ...

I can't even make a joke about that, because National are a loving joke already.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

dusty posted:

-----

Jacindaghazi - does any of you radfem goons have an opinion on this?

Is she a genuine political force, or is she getting by on good looks and good media strategy?
It mostly seems to be the right who obsess over her looks. It's a total non-issue amongst the Labour people I've talked to.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Pararoid posted:

Are we still doing this soiling the ballot thing that Winston was talking about?

Can that really nullify the referendum?
Wait, what?

Isn't Winston's whole loving gimmick "BALLOTS BEST THING EVER, PUT IT ON A PUBLIC BALLOT OR GTFO."

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Not the green koru? Those designs were really popular, and pretty nice looking too. So many other countries have red, white and blue.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Considering the three sports flags and the hypnoflag, I guess I'm voting for the one that makes us look like an ISIS tech startup.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

spanky the dolphin posted:

I had a green koru in the top 40. It got disqualified due to a copyright claim last week though.
Sucks, man. I really liked your design.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

fong posted:

That's also partially because TPPA has stalled and can't really progress until after the Canadian American election.
The 2016 US election is too soon after the Canadian one, and nobody wants to rock any boats. It's put off until 2017 at least.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

fong posted:

Obama can't get reelected though, I'd imagine there'll be another round of talks between now and 2017.
Well no, but it's less about Obama than the Democrats. Hillary is obviously Obama's chosen successor and anything he does is going to pass onto her.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I like Bernie a lot too, but being realistic he doesn't really stand much of a chance. :smith:

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

puchu posted:

Brutalism is the only modern style of architecture that goons know
Hey, we've still got more style than Kyle Lockwood.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Red Peak is far from perfect, but at least it doesn't look like a box of Weet-Bix.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
That sounds more like your problem than his tbh.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Exclamation Marx posted:

Whoops, I was phone posting.

Slater doesn't like the red peak

I would love Cameron Slater if so many people didn't take him seriously.

This poo poo is hilarious.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Yeah while the longlist was out, I was totally eh on Red Peak. Now that I've seen the shortlist, I am Red Peak all the way motherfuckers. I think they're just trying to bury the story by using those old stats.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The loving Piers Anthony Xanth novels were on my high school library's shelves. If those didn't trip any responses, not a goddamn thing will.
:stare:

For those not in the know, Anthony is pretty blatantly a paedophile. He writes a lot of sex scenes between children and adult men, and describes the naked bodies of children in a lot of detail. There's rarely any plot reason for this. I remember reading them when I was younger because "yay a book with a monster on the cover!"

I found a monster inside, alright. Fuckin Piers Anthony, man.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

You say that like libertarianism isn't the only thing more closely correlated with paedophilia than Star Trek.
What about a blue star beside the username

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I died as I lived: dropping sick burns

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
In the related stories:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11511715

quote:

Keith Shipston, a former senior constable at the South Island township of Cheviot, was the arresting officer in 2003 when Eaglesome was pulled over in a taxi wearing the robes of a priest and carrying a stolen credit card.

"He cut a dashing figure in those vestments, and he'd convinced all these people he was a priest," Mr Shipston said.

This guise as "Father Antony Garibaldi" was another of Eaglesome's aliases, and apparently even worked for a time on the then Assistant Anglican Bishop of Auckland, Richard Randerson.

quote:

During his fraudulent cross-country tour in 2003, he racked up $2000 in hotel bills in Auckland as "Ari Ben Yitzhak" and stole cellphones in Queenstown while pretending to be "Doctor Angus Harrow".

quote:

He said he had been living a life of luxury in New York and Europe but had returned to New Zealand to pursue investment opportunities. "Three months ago I was in Monaco, sunning myself on a yacht, thinking that this was the life," he said.

The Parole Board said he had been in prison three months ago.

quote:

He admitted he'd never been to Harvard and his tales of sunning himself in Monaco and having money to invest were just attempts to bolster his "Newman" identity.

It was meant to protect him from underworld figures ("the Killer Beez" and "the Asians", he said) who sought to harm him.

let's get rid of John Key and make this guy the PM

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
David Seymour is in the audience at Back Benches every single Wednesday, and he is the single most awkward man I've ever seen. He's constantly got this look on his face that lives somewhere in the median strip between joy and terror. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he pissed himself from time to time. His suit hugs him like clingfilm that he's desperately trying to escape at all times.

at some point that strange little lizardman is going to emerge from his cotton cocoon and we're all going to be very sorry we mocked him

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

fong posted:

This the most long winded way of saying "wake up sheeple" I've ever seen.
the gently caress you say about sheep you renta-mob green taliban liberal loonie gitchur hands off arr agriculturr

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

fong posted:

They need more Paul Henry. I want to see Paul Henry on my TV while I eat breakfast, I want to hear him on my radio on the way to work and I want him on TV by 6pm when I turn on the news.

Its working for TVNZ!
Replace Paul Henry with Mike Hosking and we have a deal.

I want to see his smug face grinning down at me while I drink my morning coffee. I won't be happy until every person in the country has been surgically altered to look like Mike Hosking.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
It's no wonder John Key and David Cameron are such good friends: David gets the pig's head and John gets the pigtail.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
In this last week I've discovered that a whole lot of people are really confused that chevrons are used in places

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I really wish I was born in North Korea

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

klen dool posted:

Patriotism is a cancer.

I am proud that we banned nukes. I am proud that we allowed prostitution to be legal and banned assaulting children.

I am disgusted that our current govt didn't want to bring in refugees, and when they finally acquiesced it was with a pitiful offer. I am disgusted that any opposition to nationals policy only called for doubling the quota and are happy for our quota to match other countries quotas because if everyone else is doing it then it must be right.

Patriotism is willful ignorance.
Wut

Patriotism doesn't mind blindly accepting everything your country does as awesome. In fact, I'd argue the opposite: to blindly love your country regardless of fault is not patriotism, because somebody who actually gave a drat would see their country's faults and try to improve it for the better. A patriot sees their country for what it is, and it proud of the things that work, and tries to fix the things that don't. The word you're looking for is jingoism, which is a different beast entirely.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Isn't that from the press announcement immediately after Pike River? I mean, I hate Key as much as the next man but it seems lovely to take a photo of him looking sad in the wake of a tragedy and use it as "lol he looks grumpy".

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
wait wait wait is that an official Labour thing and not some internet photoshop?

holy poo poo Andy Little what a loving disaster of a human being you are. It's like god spilled a person.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
1/64 Tangatawhenua

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
One at Massey too. I'm guessing it's one very busy guy.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
He looks like a candle that's been left too long in the sun.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

WarpedNaba posted:

Which leads to the begged question: How do we change this aside from certain options that I probably shouldn't talk about on a monitored thread?
We could try democratic elections. Look, apparently untouchable right-wing shitheads who were on a ridiculous winning streak can get taken down:

http://globalnews.ca/news/2286815/trudeau-wins-heres-what-hes-promised-and-what-hes-set-to-face/

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I dunno why goons are so worried about Veitchy. We're protected on stairs after all.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
"Next on Story: these chemicals are available over the counter, but if you mix them in the right way you can manufacture methanphetamine. We show you how!"

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Wandle Cax posted:

apparently there was a "sportball" this morning a few people were interested in
sports bad because jocks

I am a nerd you see therefore I am not a jock

jocks like sports and I do not like jocks

therefore I do not like sports

this is logic, which marks me as a nerd and not a jock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurreptitiousMuffin