Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

They get given massive irrigation infrastructure as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Polity posted:

Even if those three heroic assumptions come to pass, Auckland house prices would drop (once you average out houses and apartments) by about $10,000, one off. Which would make Auckland’s “severely unaffordable” score of 8.2 in the Demographia survey drop amazingly to a “severely affordable” 8.06.I will post separately on the shortcomings of the Demographia survey itself. Whoop-de-fricken-do.

Any progress is good, of course, but pretending RMA reform is a main solution is, as you see above, laughable.

http://polity.co.nz/content/nick-smiths-gambit

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

I agree with Eleanor.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Butt Wizard posted:

If John Key is anything in The Matrix it's

The stylish, cultured, philosophizing French nightclub owner from the Matrix is similar to boorish, awkward, incurious John Key, agreed.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

I've always thought John Key was a bit like Katniss Everdeen of The Hunger Games franchise. *does the salute thing*

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Exclamation Marx posted:

Key refusing to answer questions on/even acknowledge stuff like Sabin is honestly bizarre by this point. If he's painted as arrogant for it that'll be a problem.

Abbott's just loving nuts

They probably figure arrogant is preferable to association with Sabin which might be a further clue as to what Sabin has done.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Honesty and integrity are for losers.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Butt Wizard posted:

After that high-five last night at the CWC opener between Richie McCaw and Stephen Fleming, I'm starting to wonder if Richie is actually the problem and John Key got scape-goated during that Rugby World Cup trophy presentation.

Are you happy with John's new war?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Haha, 48% support for Key's dumb war was described as a majority by 1 News.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD5--ayepA8

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Just tell him he's a piece of poo poo.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Tell him that the name Key will forever be associated with dishonesty and corruption in New Zealand.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Ask him how many New Zealanders he expects to be killed in Iraq so that we can stay in the Abu Ghraib Club.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Sinking it would be a waste, we should reforest it and turn it into the world's largest conservation area.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

I tend to think the rapidly expanding surveillance state and pervasive corruption are important changes.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

What if we didn't commit to a war overseas and used that money to help people in our own country?

Only someone who was not a good, hard-working honest, New Zealander would suggest this.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Charlize Theron seems nice.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Key's claiming that the $69,000,000 pork barrel Northland bridges that Simon Bridges said he decided on on Friday(the day after the ugly Winston poll) were actually "planned before the election but delayed by Kim Dotcom and Nicky Hager"

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

New Zealand First aren't being kept alive by one gifted seat for the purpose of sneaking in more extreme policies for another party.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Butt Wizard posted:

Unlike Garth George, Bob Jones...

...was also a huge part of promoting the idea of property as an investment vehicle for New Zealanders (although he doesn't rate residential property).

Are you implying this was a good thing?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

The low ratings specifically being used to illustrate Campbell Live's terrible decline were taken from the week of the World Cup semi-finals.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I don't get Paul Henry at all. He's just not very interesting. The media keeps shoving him in my face all "HE'S IN YOUR FACE, HE APOLOGISES FOR NOTHING" but he's just some boring white dude with a laugh like a gas leak.

He's not afraid to say what we* are all really thinking.

*idiots

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

3 News' thing of "knowingly" splicing together the key repeated propagandistic phrases of political press releases serves to reinforce that very message while appearing above it. You're a moron Tova O'Brien.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

http://eveningreport.nz/2015/03/24/frances-joychild-qc-on-the-fading-star-of-the-rule-of-law/

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Good thing Bomber didn't put even the most basic effort into corroborating the story with the many other people who must have witnessed it.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

I just read that rent only makes up 9.22% of the consumer price index. No wonder "inflation" is so low, lol.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

That is the Prime Minister and Grown rear end Adult John Key pulling on the hair of a young girl because he has severe autism.

Autistic people aren't manipulative and superficially charming.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Exclamation Marx posted:

i'm so angry that the same players are behaving in the same way post dirty politics haha

There were no consequences.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

The Urewera raids and the KDC affair aren't comparable other than "illegal" and "surveillance" being relevant words.

For Urewera the police over-reacted and over-reached to genuinely dubious behaviour out of fear for public safety. John Key ignored the law in order to suck up to the Americans over a copyright issue.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

In my opinion the lessons of Anzac Day and JK's volunteering of troops to Iraq are in conflict.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

What I'm getting from this is that some posters itt watch Seven Sharp.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

mirthdefect posted:

Are the subsequent chapters written any better than the earlier ones?

He's deaf apparently, on top of being an uber nerd, so I doubt it.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Binkenstein posted:

That looks more like the design for the $1000 note, not a flag

Money as our flag would be pretty appropriate imo.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Have there been any actually good ones?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

So far I'm leaning towards the Nazi one.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Ivor Biggun posted:

Banks case was thrown out of court

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11451091

[e] SurreptitiousMuffin, if you run into a lull in the conversation just ask Winnie what he thinks of that

What a load of poo poo.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

I propose some sort of feedback system wherein the public is educated as to the efficacy of the government so that they can make informed democratic decisions.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Lion Red.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Ingredients and instructions for onion dip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

The prime minister isn't supposed to be a president/king position. He's the lead/organising minister of a group but it tends to regress back to a quasi ruler due to laziness and stupidity.

• Locked thread