Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Metaconcert
Nov 28, 2010

"And my answer is when there are nine"

This is perhaps the only time I have read news comments and felt better about New Zealanders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metaconcert
Nov 28, 2010

Midget Fist posted:

Edit- Wow, never seen that John Key quote before. What a fuckwit.

It seems to get more bizarre every time I come across it. I cannot wrap my head around why you would bother making that point to start with, let alone in the apparent context. As that article points out, it also goes well with this thing.

Metaconcert
Nov 28, 2010

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Now the Aussie is gone from greens

I half expect to see people on the right talking fondly about Norman's financial acumen, so unlike these modern psychotic fiscally-irresponsible no-good pot-smoking Greens members.

Metaconcert
Nov 28, 2010

Slavvy posted:

I know it may seem like a medical condition at first because he seems so out of touch with reality and seems genuinely impaired in some way, as if he can't visualise the thoughts or feelings of other people, but it's actually just called being a rich old white guy.

An especially unfortunate condition, seeing as the natural cures tend to be decidedly worse for the patient.

oohhboy posted:

Paul Henry is out

"out" with Paul Henry tends to mean rather less than it should.

Metaconcert
Nov 28, 2010

Matthew Hooton, of all people, writing about SkyCity. It's brief, a little short on insight, but I think it's still worth a read.

Metaconcert
Nov 28, 2010

Red_Museum posted:

So, about a 13,000 vote swing from November then.

Huge swing, incredible relative turnout... I've love to see the internal reactions in National.

And we're done, with a 4012 majority, barring specials, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metaconcert
Nov 28, 2010

David Garrett posted:

The prevailing sentiment among both the political elites and the population of Britain at large was then, as ours is now, one of tolerance, or at least wilful blindness to the dangers posed by the rising tide of fascism in Germany.

This analogy is fascinating and terrible and what the gently caress. Also, even if you don't click through to read the post (don't), knowing that it's Garrett will probably tell you a lot.

• Locked thread