Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

fong posted:

Who's likely to be more racist, your average rural South Islander, or the average cop?

That venn diagram is almost a circle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Lancelot posted:

I don't think you understand what a venn diagram is.

I think you don't understand what a perfectly overlapping correlation looks like.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Butt Wizard posted:

Heads up guys ASB is doing something dumb and changing its name to ABS or some poo poo.

I bet the S is going to stand for 'Solutions'.

"Auckland bank of spark"

The new logo is a scribbled yellow anus.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
There's plenty of ways to increase employee power. One would be to scrap secondary employment tax rates. Another would be to make winz in any way approachable. Ban zero hour contracts and implement a ratio based salary cap.

whiter than a Wilco show fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Mar 5, 2015

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Butt Wizard posted:

Well yea but the point is it's not an extra tax for having a second job - you get anything over and above what your marginal rate should have been back once you file a return.

"Once you file the return" is the key. It's fine if you're earning above your expenses. Unfortunately unlike when the laws around secondary tax were last updated it's become more likely that someone with 2 jobs is still working less than 40 hours and for low wages. When you're living week to week and hand to mouth waiting for it to all wash out at the end of the year can be tough. It could be administered a lot more effectively basically.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

WarpedNaba posted:

You should try to be nice. I've never met a nice South African.

I saw one riding a unicorn with Bigfoot one time.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

5 terms and a knighthood

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Int: beehive. Night.

JOHN KEY sits at his desk, bathed in the soft glow of a computer monitor.

Against the back wall half a dozen good kiwi blokes sit in silence, drinking room temperature Tui.

John steeples his fingers, lips working furiously as he reads the article on "stuff" for the eighth time.

Realisation slowly dawns on his face and he starts to sweat heavy beads, like Brian Tamaki downwind from a creche.

JOHN
Bronagh...gets a man in. Bronagh gets a man in? Bronagh gets in. Hmmmmm

He turns too the row of regular blokes, who dare not look him in the eye as per Simon Joyce's instructions.

JOHN
Does that sound like...does that sound like I'm being cucked?

All of the blokes keep their eyes cast down. Third from the left, a racist gbs poster, fails to stifle a giggle and is immediately executed by Judith Collins.

As Judith squats on the corpse, John turns back to the screen.

JOHN
Bronagh gets a man in. gently caress, it does sound like I'm being cucked.

John picks up a red cellphone, the kind you see in a 2 degrees bucket at the supermarket because National is the party of fiscal responsibility.

JOHN
Yeah, Finlayson, it's time. Begin operation...Babypoison. Yeah, the sheila's will fret over the kiddies while the blokes worry about the economy. Foolproof.

FADE TO MIDDLE NZ

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Let's start a by election so I can have two lane bridges near my home. How do we recall Craig Foss?

Via a 9mm telegram

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
How many SME's have shut down due to Kevin Hague's environmental policies? 12. And that's a lot.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Slavvy posted:

Is it too much to hope that, eventually, one day, not soon but one day, the media will rip apart JK like the rabid flesh-starved dogs they are?

Yes, this is far too much to hope for. They will continue nuzzling his crotch like the tame, toothless sons of bitches they are.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Is there any way to get John Key to chew out an x Factor contestant?

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Masturgate

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Jo loving Cotton

Fake edit: girl with glans shaped haircut.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Has everyone forgotten that one of these assholes is the son of a high ranking police officer?

The way this was handled has absolutely nothing to do with incompetence or officers not understanding the law.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
P money's name suppression case was years ago, pretty sure you only get one.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Everything else aside, lol at posting anything written by the Herald as unbiased, quintuple lol at using a self proclaimed unscientific survey ("I asked the 6 other retarded herald workers within earshot") as evidential support for any argument beyond "the Herald is retarded".

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Slavvy posted:

The problem with this thinking is you haven't met him. He is completely insufferable. My boss spends half his time complaining about how much he hates him, even though he doesn't work there. He hangs around and mooches off of the company owner whilst not working there (he has a job elsewhere that he never seems to be at). He fetches cars, runs errands and buys coffee for the guy in a cartoonish and daily display of obsequiousness, despite being a grown-rear end middle-aged man with a real job and kids.

Also the conversation wasn't verbatim or I'd have had to put a high-inflection 'mate' for every third word.

Jesus christ is his name Brent?

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I know garth george hasn't died because I haven't spontaneously reached a higher state of inner peace.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Slavvy posted:

Today's herald financial lesson: currency values are, in fact, a sporting competition and WE'RE ABOUT TO BEAT AUSTRALIA FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THIRTY YEARS WOO!

Pretty keen for the day NZ is so bad at everything we reframe domestic violence as a sport just to be best in the world at something.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Oh sweet, now we get Paul Henry twice a day.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

puchu posted:

Hell all my replies have been 'you're wrong and here's why', which is called rebuttal. It's only obnoxious when you know it's right and it doesn't suit preconceived ideas.

Yes, yes, there is nothing obnoxious in the way you comport yourself.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The low ratings are absolutely nothing to do with why this is happening and I look forward to the ever approaching death of twentieth century television

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Next time I am hungry I will just stab someone who has a cheeseburger. I will literally die if I don't eat so I'm sure you'll find this reasonable.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

puchu posted:

What is this in reference to because by itself it makes no sense

Doing what ever you need to survive is perfectly fine and never psychopathic no matter what the effect on other members of society. I'm applying your corporate approach to the individual level.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Vandalseed posted:

OK,

So we seem to be in agreement.

What do you all think might be the best way to BANISH this very thought from the minds of the MPs who thought it was a good idea in the first place?

I am an old man and quite lame, so my first thought was a letter-writing campaign to all of our respective electorate MPs.

Other ideas?

Fly a plane directly into the beehive.

(Gcsb are all cucklords)

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Some mislums are gonna fly a 747 into Henderson square because we are a powerful and cool ally of America.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Butt Wizard posted:

I thought that terrorism was about scaring people, not helping them out with badly needed civic remodelling.

It's full of mossad agents selling soaps/destroying the lives of the elderly though :shrug:

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Necklace made of ears if you're going traditional.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Butt Wizard posted:

I didn't know Key invented the GCSB. You learn something new every day.

Literally the minister responsible for them when they acted illegally, head of the cabinet that wildly increased their abilities. You're just as reactionary as the people you try to call out.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
For all the world is a stage, and we are all but mere autists upon it.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Butt Wizard posted:

Anyone not typing out rants with Bradbury-levels of spittle on their keyboards is being a reactionary? Helen Clark was also literally the minister responsible for intelligence services when the Urewera raids went down. But sure, this "surveillance state" is 100% Key's doing.

Rad strawman bro

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
"Unlawfully". It's now lawful. That kinda sounds like "setting up a surveillance state", doesn't it? Condoning and legalising surveillance on nz citizens was not something any previous minister had done m8.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Butt Wizard posted:

Legalising it, yes. But to go back to the actual point in your post:

Helen Clark was also the minister in charge of them when they were doing this too. m8. Unlawfully.

But of course, 'the surveillance state' is only when they can legally do something and is totally doesn't include them doing it even when it isn't illegal? My bad.

Oh yes, because you have evidence or even allegations of previous prime ministers being aware of the gcsb acting unlawfully, condoning and supporting them such as_____________________ and ____________________

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
My former flatmate was raised at Centrepoint and when he moved out he left 2 packs of children's nappies and a box of unmatched women's shoes in his wardrobe.

Welp, that's my new zealand rape cult story, seeya.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

"As a Republican"

He's an American now?

As in nz should become a republic. You know, rather than a vassal state of an empire that died three centuries ago officially ruled over by an inbred and provably mentally deficient monarchy.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

But then we'd have to get new money and a new national anthem and actually write up some kind of binding legal document for the people in the country.

More effort than it's worth

As if John Key doesn't have drawers full of song lyrics about how rad he is and note designs featuring his face. The tppa already took care of the last problem.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

The Sin of Onan posted:

The British Empire died three centuries ago?

Yes.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

newtestleper posted:

The early 1700's? Please explain your unique yet strongly held views on this subject
The independence of the United States was the death blow (60 ish years isn't too bad for internet hyperbole), the body just writhed around for a bit on the way out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Because it's not like they still controlled India and significant parts of China or anything.

Death blow.

• Locked thread