Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I live literally around the corner from Metiria Turei, she's awesome as hell and I would vote for her except I'm an immigrant and a convicted felon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

WarpedNaba posted:

So you're basically Bender if he was human and into inbreeding

Oh no I am experiencing a racism

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Laverna posted:

Hey, Dunedin's where I'm at too!

It's pretty tiny, so if you're used to living in big cities you could either love it or hate it. If you love big cities don't ever come here. But if you hate them then come for the fact that you can drive for less than half an hour and be at a beach or a forest or whatever.
I feel kind of claustrophobic living here too long cause of the size, but I travel a fair bit and to be honest whenever I'm overseas I can't help pining for how nice it is to not be constantly surrounded by people.

Again I'd recommend coming as a student. Get a flat in the middle of town with a bunch of other idiots and just have a great time.
If you wanted to come to work then yeah you'd probably be better in Auckland or Wellington, not the best place for jobs.

Dunedin actually owns, it's like being in Scotland only not loving horrible

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What's that top=left Aussie one with the white cross all about? I'm sure I've seen it actually flying over here, mainly round Southland I think

some plague rats fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 27, 2016

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Somfin posted:

This guy needs to do a Hitchens and subject himself to the abuse he's defending. You know, being thrashed with a rake until you're bleeding, being hit in the face with a tire iron until you lose a tooth. See how long he loving lasts before he decides that yeah, that poo poo should be illegal.

Wait what

Did your parents decide Dr Spock was for wusses and get their child-rearing advice from Mad Max

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

"Oh hey, there's been another big internal scandal in the National Party and there's 82 new posts in the thread. I'm still not entirely sure what's going on, so I wonder if anybody knows anything."

*82 posts of people screaming about how little they care about an actress*

"Righto."

in other news: a bunch of texts between John Key and Rachel Glucina are being leaked right now. They were sent during ponytailgate, and Glucina pretty nakedly reveals that she's smearing the gently caress out of a waitress for political reasons.

I dunno you guys but maybe we should talk about that instead.

John Key is made entirely out of Teflon so what does it even matter

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Once scratched he begins to flake away, and when heated he gives off fumes that cause flu like symptoms?

Because he's greasy to the touch and owned by the Americans

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Well, poo poo. The immigration changes they just brought in have wrecked my residency application- I'm not getting paid enough, because I'm in Dunedin and they pay arborists shite down here. Assuming they don't make things even more punitive in the next year I can still move somewhere that pays more, leaving behind my home and family, because I can maybe get an internal transfer to the one place in the country where they pay over the new limit- loving Auckland.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

NZAmoeba posted:

This might be a terrible idea, but maybe try contacting the media?

"New immigration plan forces more workers to leave the regions for Auckland" would be a heck of a headline they'd love to throw around.

gently caress, that's a tempting one. Problem is it would probably inspire them to do something even more draconian in response to avoid getting outflanked by Winston 'The Great Satan' Peters talking about how 'tinkering round the edges' isn't working, stop the boats entirely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Varkk posted:

gently caress the boats won't someone do something about the planes?

Australian government in rational response to crisis

• Locked thread