Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Pretty much any of those options are four terms and a damehood for jacinda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Dunno. That would imply Auckland (and Wellington I guess) have less olds than everywhere else which I find hard to believe. I'm pretty sure ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation etc have nothing on age when it comes to someone bring pro/anti weed.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Counterpoint: Nelson.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

He's replacing hosking dude.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

WTF is a trundler

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

COME ON CRUSHER make my dreams come true :allears:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

As ever, answers can be found in stuff comments:

quote:

Collins please... she'll eat Cindy for breakfast. Substance over style. Remember Collins has been an effective MP ( not called crusher for nothing) whereas Cindy has never been effective even in opposition.

quote:

I am not a fan of women having positions just because they are women, however Helen Clarke walked all over the opposition and got away with more than she should have (she knew this) because she was a woman and the Nats respected that.
The Nats need a female leader so that she doesn't get pressured about picking on Jacinda and they are on an even keel. This should not be necessary but unfortunately it looks like it is.

quote:

Bennet and Collins would be the best, with Joyce retaining finance, and Coleman health. Todd Berkley should be bought back and given a leading role as well. This would be the dream team as far as the coalition would be concerned. LOL

Most of them aren't sold on the idea though. I'll take my eye bleach now.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The way I see it they'll either try to out-jacinda jacinda or, more likely, go full Trump as their voters get older and more racist. Either option works for me.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Again, what in the actual gently caress is wrong with people?

Herald posted:

Tauranga City Council is starting the "your help may harm" programme after an incident in Greerton on Thursday evening where a fight broke out and shop windows were broken.

Some blamed the incident on beggars or homeless people.

However, police now say the person allegedly responsible for smashing the windows in Greerton was neither a beggar nor homeless.

The council's community services manager, Phillip King, told a council committee meeting yesterday that beggars were here because people were willing to give them money.

"The tap needs to be turned off."

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Having a good looking PM is really breaking my brain I gotta admit. Stupid monkey brain overriding my inherent distrust of authority.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Things like this really give an insight into why the political class mostly think of the public as drooling idiots.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wandle Cax posted:

That's sad and I had a pretty lonely time at high school too

Still it's pretty weird that kids would beat you up as a local but when they thought you were british they were like oh well that's ok then, he's weird but it must be a british thing, perfectly understandable, go about your business

High school kids are idiot cunts?

Fwiw I had an actual legitimate foreign accent as a kid, by the time I got to high school most people couldn't spot it anymore and I didn't see any difference in the way I was treated (hint: badly). I literally got made fun of for reading books because literacy is for losers or something.

Edit: speaking of schools

Could it be? A government that actually...cares about the public...? It's a strange sensation.

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 20, 2018

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I know at least two dudes who got caught for repeat DUIs and then fled the cops and still only got curfews and license suspensions explicitly because there's no room in the prisons.

I knew a guy like this too.

Also know a guy with a decent size :420: operation who got busted and wheedled his way into PD, crowded prisons were a contributing factor.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

bike tory posted:

Jesus my reaction to this was one of the more visceral cringes of my life, poor Jacinda:
https://youtu.be/IK9nBH2vBiQ

Unrelatedly, New Shub reckons Bridges and Adams are neck and neck in the national leadership race, 23-22. They have a preferential voting system too so it's really either one's game with like 10 votes spread among the others. Collins in dead last at two :lol:

Noooo crusher turn left :(

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

bike tory posted:

Jesus how do people bring themselves to put a tick next to this man's name he is such a goober

Worked for JK.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

gently caress what a tool my god.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'm not a science person or anything but if no disease can 100% wipe out a species why are we worried about kauri die-back?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

Burn it all.

What's parliament got to do with rabbits?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Or he's just another bumbling idiot who's no good at hiding it compared to his predecessors.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

This kind of stuff is why leftism (relative to the mean) is always doomed to lose support eventually imo.

When a left wing political entity fucks up, other lefties are happy to dispense criticism against their own because lefties tend to believe in things like truth and justice and learning from mistakes and keeping people accountable.

When the right fucks up, everyone closes ranks and defends the scum until the media forget about it.

Thus over long term the negative stuff accumulates and eventually they lose popular support because they're facing an opponent who values PR over reality.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

What happens when the mongrel mob has a dispensary what then??

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sweet jesus TV's grim nowadays. MAFS is some black mirror level poo poo and now this.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

And just FYI Aeon Flux retired to become our PM.

All the JACINDA FAILS HER FIRST TEST headlines with accompanying frowning jacinda photo is what did this to me.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Can someone who understands tax law stuff explain this to me? Shouldn't this reduce/alleviate rent increases by discouraging wannabe speculators?

Like I read 'landlords get out' as a good thing.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

We needed those war crimes so Obama would play golf here and it's only labour's mismanagement of the situation that's stopped us getting a tweet out of the whole thing.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

It looks like it was retitled. It's now called "Tim Dower: When it comes to military operations, I'm taking the word of our guys"

This morning, it was "Better a dead Afghan civilian than a dead NZ soldier"

loving disgusting.

:psyboom: what in the actual gently caress, why is 'nobody dead' somehow not an option? Don't bother, I realise the answer is racist xenophobia.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yup. That's why putting a toll on massively congested roads makes a good chunk of the traffic magically disappear.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I thought dunners and invercargill were the bigotry hubs?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

What gets me is the insanely hypocritical Gayford rumours false: here's why we can't talk about it articles that keep popping up. Like yeah, I know it's NZ new media but jesus loving christ do they really have no shame at all?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'm going to go with nobody in the nat government actually did the job on their name placard, up to and including the PM, because doing the government's job is not the purpose of the national party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Is that the fascist child beatdown cop?

• Locked thread