Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
im moving back into my parents house soon #rip me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Brain In A Jar posted:

I did this because my lease was about to run out and it was uni student housing season. I accidentally fell down stairs at work and now it's like 12 months later.

FYI ACC will no longer pay for taxis to loving anywhere, regardless of if it's physio, medical appointments, or even your surgery.

Meanwhile any government dept I could work in has been intentionally downsized in preference of 'preferred contractors' because they don't show up on employee expenditure sheets.

Thank goodness that the private sector is here to provide jobs to save the government money [gets paid a disgustingly low amount on Independent Contractor status to avoid any kind of employee benefit at all]

The System Works

i work in IT and still can't really afford to rent anymore. where is the heavy taxation of property investment and hey how about some rights for renters to have a habitable house

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

WarpedNaba posted:

That doesn't sound like something that would benefit the friends of John Key, who he most certainly sits down and drinks beers with.

drat, it's true. oh well obviously at the end if the day that's best since jk is a great bloke who we all would love to have a beer with too

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Butt Wizard posted:

Slightly off-topic but did any North Island goons see the space rock poo poo last night?

I saw it but I thought it was lightning. I was a bit confused though since there was no rain, then I heard about the meteor and felt a lot better

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

I really enjoyed reading this article in the metro a bit ago

metro mag posted:

To Key, Question Time is a backyard game. The boy bubbles out of him. Powerful adults usually suppress their inner child — it’s supposedly a mark of maturity. But Key’s maturity isn’t at stake, and he knows that flashes of childlike pleasure link him to the rest of us. We all like ice creams.

Not that this makes him an anti-politician, despite the way he stokes that idea at every opportunity: is he an honorary member of the All Blacks or does it just look like that?

In fact, John Key loves politics. It’s obvious in everything he does and it’s telling that he shows no sign of giving it up.

There’s another thing that happens in Question Time and the general debate that follows it on Wednesdays. Almost all the MPs turn up at the start, but they don’t stay. When Key has finished flinging abuse at the Opposition, he slumps back in his chair. Suddenly he looks bored. He spends a few moments checking his phone (texts? tweets?), then leaves.

This is the form. You attack someone on the other side, then you’re out of there. On that day, Andrew Little was forced to direct his response to an empty seat. Then he left too, and the next speaker on the government side directed his response to Little’s empty seat. And so on. By the end of the debate, barely 25 MPs were left in the chamber.

It is, in every respect, a highly ritualised parade of power, and John Key is very, very good at it.

a lot of politicians (especially on one side ;)) are quite disrespectful, which you would expect I guess

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

fair point, but if you want to see a bunch of slayer shirts you can just go for a walk around rotorua there's no need for a museum visit

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Slavvy posted:

Satanist wellingtonian spotted, there is no such thing.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

at the end of the day, good ol' honest john who id love to have a beer with can declare war between anyone and new ziland i reckon

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Minor contribution? Our troops are going to turn this war around! But then of course we will be humble about it and just have a beer after

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

what if the troops were trained to help people, and not kill people

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

El Pollo Blanco posted:

What if this was already a thing which happens? :aaaaa:

I think that would be great.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

well, he wasn't proven guilty, so he was let off

doesn't mean he was proven innocent....

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

in a way, he has to prove that he was wrongfully imprisoned, which you could take to mean that he must prove he didn't do it

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Eminem v National put off for months
:troll:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

poo poo that av :stonkhat:

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

The inherent racism in assuming that korean and pacific island constituents are homophobic also

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

dusty posted:

You mean those poor loving gays being targeted by trans-activists.

When a social justice protest is indistinguishable from a homophobic attack it's a loving disgrace.

How dare people protest. Shameful it is

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

I guess in an ideal world all at risk groups would have access to free PR consultancy so that they can protest correctly

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

sorry if it was unclear, but sometimes I use exaggeration to emphasise a point

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

to be fair the construction noise outside work is making me ornery.

Funny how from this article it looks like every other party in government disagrees with the decision to send troops to fight

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Exclamation Marx posted:

sorry :(

read this, then click my av

is he going to get sued by the feelers next

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

please guys, stop naming all my favourite bands. I have things to do

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

someone make a youtube playlist out of all these videos so that we can torture unsuspecting tourists

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Varkk posted:

Dashcam footage uploaded to YouTube or it didn't happen

I think you'll find that every newspaper will run with it and it will become the truth

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Good but can we also take them off rural idiots driving in "the big smoke", other crappy drivers who live here, old folks, and anyone who drives with their face less than 30cm from the steering wheel

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

If you live in the country, there's actually no legal driving age or any driver or vehicle licensing requirements

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Actually the roads are worst where I live :newfap:

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Uphill both ways! We got home at 9pm, ate a bowl of poison, and our dad would beat us to death

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

I live in Rotorua. Is it OK if I talk about tourists?

No actually. You can't talk about anything unless your name is dusty

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

I went on a holiday to the south island with my family. My brother and sister are blonde but I have brown hair.

A lady who worked at one of the places where we stayed remarked to my mother how nice of her it was to take the exchange student on holiday with them.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

murder the rich.

this but only until I'm rich, then stop.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

b-but, I have gone to school already, so the schools don't need any money.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

It's not like state schools are perpetually strapped for cash and desperate for resources. poo poo, teaching is an easy job and it's basically like babysitting, right? It's not like I'm responsible for the learning of over 100 kids, using my own money to acquire teaching resources or every-day things like stationery for the students or even occasionally acting as a social worker and/or counsellor for them, keeping an eye out for any red flags that may pop up that the school might have missed because some kids really keep poo poo that we should know about to themselves, or stay up until the wee hours of the morning assessing their work and providing them with feedback and constructive criticism or using my free time putting together activities for a Y10 class that are "mixed ability" but contain kids that have a reading age of about 5 that they can engage with, while trying to find ways to get them to try and read a novel. Nope.

"Clawing back that school donation" - stuff.co.nz

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

john key hits the nail on the head

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

get rid of electorates

one vote

for the party you want

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Slavvy posted:

Nah. Get rid of democracy. Nobody knows what's really good for them.

Not joking.

instead of candidates or party names, you have to put a tick next to a summary of the party's policies that you like the most

they are then legally bound to follow through when in power

still, people would find a way to ruin that wouldn't they

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

The man who took the car keys from a tourist on a narrow, winding South Island road did not hold a valid New Zealand driver licence, it has been revealed.

Ahahahahahah

Vagabundo posted:

I am perfectly comfortable in believing that he is representative of all South Island residents, and therefore judging and condemning the entirety of the population of South Island by extension.

:agreed:

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Key posted:

On 6 October 2014, John Key created a new ministerial portfolio called the Minister of National Security and Intelligence. The Minister of National Security and Intelligence will be responsible for setting national security and intelligence police and legislation, and will also head a newly established National Security Committee of Cabinet. The Prime Minister will assume the new portfolio while the Attorney General Christopher Finlayson will assume the portfolios of Minister Responsible for the Government Communications Security Bureau (GCSB) and Minister in Charge of the New Zealand Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS), which have traditionally been held by the Prime Minister.[68][69]

I guess he still has this role?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Also, lmao at the typo on wikipediaaspergers.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/...w-retracts-vow/

update, JK says he won't resign if we do mass surveillance, and he won't confirm or deny that we do it. Also he won't really talk about it at all, and doesn't really understand what it is, who he is, or what day of the week it is.

• Locked thread