Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

So she's every twitter liberal but irl?

Yeah, but she seems like she's actually left wing, which most Twitter liberals aren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
In 2018 a student making GBS threads on vagabundo's desk sparks an annual tradition

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

quote:

"There is a general acceptance that Bill English was robbed of the Prime Minister's job by Winston Peters but senior MPs are now jockeying for support from their colleagues to replace him."

Our media is trash for constantly parroting this stuff without qualification.

Also loving lol if it's Simon Bridges.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Love that Labour made it a conscience vote and the Nats clearly whipped it to be unanimously against

or maybe that's too generous to National MPs are they are all in fact gibbering shitbirds who enjoy the suffering of the injured and dying

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Unauthorised history of NZ was entertaining as far as I can remember.

I dunno who else other than Wells could do a Colbert-like show, Rhys Darby might be able to pull it off?

Slavvy posted:

Dunno. That would imply Auckland (and Wellington I guess) have less olds than everywhere else which I find hard to believe. I'm pretty sure ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation etc have nothing on age when it comes to someone bring pro/anti weed.

Wellington trends a bit younger than other cities, including Auck I am fairly sure, due to all the olds moving out to the Wairarapa.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Vagabundo posted:

gently caress Spark though, for entirely different reasons.

Last year, my flat's internet was broken, and we worked out it was a bung modem from Spark. We asked for a replacement, and they decided that they were worth more than their combined firstborns' harvested organs, and got weirdly stingy. Instead of following up on requests for a new modem, they kept asking us if "this light is working and that light is working," and every time we pointed out that we'd already answered those questions and had requested a new modem, they claimed that no such request was made (my flatmate had correspondence with them stating otherwise.) When called out on this, they then would ask "standard questions" about which lights were on and off, and if we'd reset the modem, etc. After a couple of weeks, I called them from work and yelled at them for 20 minutes, and told them to send a new modem overnight. When they claimed they couldn't, I refused to budge on the matter until they gave in and sent it through overnight.

In my rage, I heaped abuse on their twitter account as well, and have since been blocked. I think the last correspondence I had with them was when they asked me for the 10000th time which lights on the modem were on, and if we'd reset it, and I responded with "what the gently caress do you think, you worthless oval office?"

Whenever there has been any issue with the internet at the flat, or at my mum's place (both places are with Spark), I have been quick to remind them of how loving pathetic their standard of service has been in the past, to shame them into doing better work. It has been surprisingly successful.

This is really loving weird because one of my flatmates rings Spark every few months to tell them we're shifting to Vodafone because their service is rubbish, and every time they drop the bill price for the next 6 months and have thrown in a couple of new modems too.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Let the psychotic infighting commence

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Lol at the idea a National politician would walk anywhere on a public street.

I see Steven Joyce all the time

Resisting the urge to shove him into traffic is hard sometimes

A friend told me an amusing anecdote about meeting JK on a plane recently, she pretended not to know who he was and asked if he came to Wellington often, he said "it's my first time here actually"

The point of this story is more evidence key's a pathological liar

El Pollo Blanco fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 13, 2018

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Afaik for green leader chat JAG is probably the most economically right leaning green mp, so I guess if you don't want left-wing econ represented by any party leader except Winston (lol) vote for JAG

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Wafflecopper posted:

is NZ even a pan though

it's more of a shithole really

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Ghostlight posted:

In the Stuff story itself he makes the distinction that sure underage women got drunk at Young Nats events too, but that was okay as it was because of-age men were plying them with drink rather than because the women had access to the bar themselves.

Why is no one doing a scoop on Farrah being a sex pest so we can be rid of his loving awful political commentary already?

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

I used to flat with an ACT dude and he was one of the creepiest motherfuckers I've ever met.

which one of the 30 of them was it?

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Air NZ put me on a flight to Sydney once despite knowing my connecting flight had been cancelled, they then forgot I existed and thought I'd been transferred and boarded another flight to the states

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

bike tory posted:

It's weird, everyone I know in the greens seems to have personally preferred Julie but also agreed that Marama was the better choice

You know a lot of Bike Tories?

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

bike tory posted:

I've never understood where that perception of JAG comes from

She is still sledging Turei (and by extension every beneficiary ever) at every opportunity to try and up her cred with rich old white hippies who used to vote green so she can get hosed imo

Also Gerry Brownlee shops at pac n save kilbirnie wtf

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Love our trash media's thoughtful and nuanced response to this budget: "Very safe and essentially business as usual, could have been National's budget. Labour party still Communists."

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

bike tory posted:

The national party line has been really dissonant on it in that same way. Their main line is that it's a "borrow and spend" budget but they're also banging on about how National actually spent more and so Labour are failing to deliver even more than National did.

Opinion writer: "National's criticisms seem contradictory, but they are correct in making them." (Writer fails to elucidate how this criticism is in any way correct and in good faith)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Yeah what's the voter base that Labour needs popular approval from on this issue? Nat voters have pretty much shown they're not abandoning the party even when a literal Muppet, whose only line of attack on this government is saying that they're Communists over and over, is leader.

• Locked thread