Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
Why is flouride a big deal at the moment? Have we got record numbers of tooth decay or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
French Fest was celebrated just last weekend in Akaroa...

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
The fact that the landlord went to the media implies that they're not that interested in actually trying to solve the problem.

Surely the WCC lets landlords know what is required and they can do a once over of their property to make sure the lightbulbs are all in order etc?

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Ghostlight posted:

You're an optimist if you think people will be encouraged to grow vegetable gardens at their state home over people being evicted after the neighbours reported them to council due to believing that the house looking like it was owned by a poor was affecting their property values.

I know very little about real estate, but doesn't literally everything and nothing affect property values?

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Slavvy posted:

This fuckwit needs a smack in the head what the gently caress.

Oh.

I wonder how he'd feel if people went around calling him Dah- vey Wither-Ow.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

bike tory posted:

I have a soft spot in my heart for this kind of community minded lefty loony. Probably only because I never have to deal with them in an official capacity, but still.

I saw that and thought oh poo poo I wouldn't like to be Ann Plan at the council.... oh wait he probably means annual plan?

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Vagabundo posted:

In all likelihood, there'll be a revert to the previous system, which was working. The National Standards was all about data hoarding, for the sake of it with no planning on what to do with said data once it was collected. Good loving riddance.

We were also seeing a trend towards this in the senior school, where, to quote my friend Dan McQuillan, it felt like teaching was getting in the way of my actual job which was filling in an endless supply of paperwork. Seriously, it feels like fighting the hydra when doing this paperwork and admin bullshit, because you sort out one set, and then here's another. And that's because the senior management were under pressure to provide all sorts of data from above. It was a bullshit cottage industry propagated by that loving omnishambles of a fuckwit, Hekia Parata.

If you're going to hoard data, just scrub the personal details from it and make it public domain. Someone will find out something useful with the data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

I feel like that heater is a prop from Red Dwarf. Honestly I can't tell anymore.

• Locked thread