Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

I knew a guy to in Chch who could do that. He sent a cryptic txt to a number and a bit later a dodgy looking dude turned up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

:siren:Breaking news:siren:
John Key in sand trap while playing golf with Obama.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

He can still tweet about it. Also wasn’t a good look for Air NZ to pay for the board chair’s golf buddy to come over for a few rounds. The same week they cut a bunch of regional services.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

BuckyDoneGun posted:

I always assumed that was going to be part of some future campaign, so of course we're not going to see any results of it until it ran. I also wouldn't underestimate the selling power of "come play the same beautiful courses that were good enough for Obama to play on" to certain markets.

How long until Trump pays some Russian hookers to piss on them?

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

Meanwhile, the ongoing, costly legacy of the venal cunts that were in power before:

Specifically, how they liked to play fast and loose with the law, especially when it related to matters of privacy.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/353417/crown-to-pay-90-000-for-kim-dotcom-privacy-breach

gently caress you, Finlayson, you arrogant loving oval office.

Surely this is professional misconduct of the kind which should see him being disbarred.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Why not? Acting as Attorney General he intentionally withheld information from a defendant in an extradition case.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

So, what are the chances of Clare Curran being the first minister of the current government to be stood down?

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

I am guessing she was plotting behind the back of the CEO and board to do with the proposed new TV service.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Does this mean we can go back to not caring about boxing now?

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

bike tory posted:

Never mind the rotting hospitals, deepened inequality, failure to address the housing crisis in any way...

What a loving banal thing to feel bad about

To feel bad about those other things he would have to admit they were a problem. Then accept there is something he could have done. For they flag thing he can blame his advisers who told him to keep out of it instead of advocating for it like he wanted.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

I was going to say in NZ. We don’t have the really overt poo poo like burning crosses etc. But white NZ does a great job of telling ourselves we don’t have racism here. Then complain about the “bloody maoris” getting everything for free. We then help perpetuate a system which sees Polynesians over represented in statistics for poverty, crime, poor health outcomes etc. We then blame the victims of our society for the condition of our society.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

The point isn’t that people make honest mistakes with pronunciation. It is people not putting in an effort and continuing to get it wrong when corrected. Also it was only one little piece of the puzzle but let us focus on that one than some of the worse structural issues. E.g the differences in the use of pre-charge warnings between European youth vs Polynesian youth.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Wait is he implying Peters was like 12 when he started smoking?

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

It is mostly teething issues anyway with inexperienced crews (in terms of live sports) and not getting the exact ad ratio and timing right. It wasn’t as if Sky got it right in these regards either.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

How do the re-usable ones work with online shopping?

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Yeah, there are a few of us here. Just ask a few questions in the thread.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Just to add the recruiting companies talk up the shortage when dealing with immigration, politicians etc. Sadly when it comes to wages they don’t follow through. They tend to want people with very specific skills and good experience but offer entry level salaries if they can.
It is much worse in the smaller centres than in The big three cities for that.
I think Dunedin has a fairly strong IT sector for its size. It is a town dominated by the university there. It is also very cold for NZ. For further discussion about moving here check out the thread linked above in the Goon meet section. That tends to cover more of that sort of thing.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

But the previous mayor was Bob Parker. Also isn’t it the home of Kyle Chapman and his bunch of “Very fine people” as Trump would say.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Yeah, I actually liked living in Christchurch. Overall it is a very welcoming and progressive city. Whenever the National Front did anything public they were always well outnumbered by protesters.

Nice summer days eating souvlaki in Cashel Mall listening to the various buskers was great. The museum and arts centre were always great for losing a day with all the little shops around there.
Pity the earthquakes hosed all of that.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Perhaps even more important is that it was probably an illegal rubbish fire. I hope the council fully investigates this matter.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

It is quite simple, God hates Brian Tamaki and wants to see him burn.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Do you mean that bundling it up, shipping it off to a third world country and forgetting about it is not a sustainable long term solution? Certainly processing it here in NZ would help create jobs and provide stability for recyclers and manufacturers using the reclaimed resources.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Looks like the old machine for National is back in action. Unspecified rumours are circulating about Clark Gayford. It even got to the state where the police commissioner has taken an unusual step of confirming there is no historic or current investigation of him.
It is all similar to the Helen Clark years and the innuendo and rumours about her marriage.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

bike tory posted:

The rumours about Clarke are that he used to deal coke, right?

More likely to be Tony Veitch’s P dealer.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Yes I feel keeping promises to the voters who support them would be better than sticking to some arbitrary rules liked by the ones who don’t. They will never win the support of the second group but will lose the support of the first.
But I think they are still finding fiscal holes left by Joyce and the 9 years of chronic under-funding. All in the name of these budget rules.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Too many people have bought in to the running a deficit is bad line. All of the cuts National made were in the name of returning to surplus. If Labour ups spending and borrowing it will be all over the opinion pieces etc.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

So apparently the Gayford rumours seem to have begun with various twitter accounts. Posting them as image macros. The same accounts had also in the past posted pro-Trump images.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Mark Richardson update: still a pillock

https://i.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/103980377/broadcaster-mark-richardson-tells-tenants-on-live-tv-rents-going-up

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Yep, also benefits should be modified by CPI each year as well. Introduce a comprehensive capital gains tax and a new top rate somewhere around 100-150K. But that won’t happen because one of these days I am going to be that rich and when I do I am going to make guys like me really pay.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

WarpedNaba posted:

Imaginative, son. You're just reciting facts.

To be fair reciting facts about Paula Bennett really does a great job of attacking her.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Robo Captain posted:

I hate Paula as much as the next goon but the government really should be providing compensation for the people kicked out of their homes.

There really needs to be a way to claw back the cash for doing so from the people who actually caused it in the first place. From the minister at the top all the way to the testers who knew the whole thing was a sham but were making money out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Another day another loving clusterbomb left by the National government

https://i.stuff.co.nz/auckland/104421678/children-left-in-limbo-by-family-court-system--barrister

Family court is under resourced and National’s response was to cut access to legal aid and scrap counselling sessions for families involved. Kids have been left in limbo for years.

• Locked thread