Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Notsosubtle
Oct 30, 2008

Ego-bot posted:

Whenever people point to certain year regarding the best picture award and say 'this film should have won instead of that film', usually the two most common years I see are 1976, where Rocky won over Taxi Driver, and 1989, where Driving Miss Daisy won over Do the Right Thing.

Does anybody have any opinions like this on any other years?

Here's some Spike Lee flavor regarding the latter snub and Selma's snub:

“ ‘But that doesn’t diminish the film. Nobody’s talking about motherfuckin’ Driving Miss Daisy. That film is not being taught in film schools all across the world like Do the Right Thing is. Nobody’s discussing Driving Miss Motherfuckin’ Daisy. So if I saw Ava today I’d say, ‘You know what? gently caress ’em. You made a very good film, so feel good about that and start working on the next one.’ ”

From http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...&medium=twitter by way of the Dissolve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread