Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I can't read this LP just based on your word. If you're the REAL Accursed Walrus then you'll be able to solve this puzzle I've been trying to figure out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Carbon dioxide posted:

I've heard of the series but I haven't played - or seen - any of these games before.

The series is quite nice if you have a 3ds/ds. It just oozes charm, and I find it makes for a relaxing before-bed game. Just set an alarm or something, because otherwise you can find yourself puzzling until dawn.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Carbon dioxide posted:

Having said that, I'd like to note that that for Puzzle 19, while the obvious answer is 6, zero is a mathematically correct answer. And if you allow rounding, any number would do.

"If only some children got a red balloon" so 0 (none) or 10 (all) is not valid. And rounding? Are you cutting balloons in half now?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Carbon dioxide posted:

Puzzle 19 is where 1/6th get off the train. Puzzle 14 has balloons.

Gah, thanks.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Back in middle school I did Mathcounts, which is a competition full of puzzles like these. Along the lines of "this is how you can do it, and THIS is how you do a hundred of them within the time limit." Fun times, got first in state (and close to last place in nationals).

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Puzzle 52: that guy needs a hobby.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I thing the voting puzzle may come down to sloppy langue like the "no way a rabbit can outrun a lion" puzzle.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Tax Refund posted:

Which makes this a poorly-written puzzle.

Every Layton has a couple of puzzles that do this. I recall one of them having quite a few, but I don't recall if it's this one or if this one just has its poor puzzles front-loaded.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Accursed Walrus posted:

: Yikes! Take a butcher’s at this crazy symbol on the cover!

Luke uses rhyming slang in the UK version?
(butcher's hook --> look)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Accursed Walrus posted:

On the topic of localization, the spelling 'artefact' is now my default spelling of 'artifact', and I think my anthropology instructor is a bit confused why I seem to randomly inject British spellings into my papers.

My dad's an immigrant so I was raised in a bilingual household of English and American. Spelling tests were a nightmare.

• Locked thread