Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Air is lava! posted:

Can someone tell me about the rich lore of the laytonverse? For example I have no clue who that girl is.
You mean Flora, the girl with Layton and Luke?
In the previous game a Baron in a far away town died and in his will he said that whoever solved the mystery in the town inherits his fortune, but no-one can solve the puzzle so his family summons Layton to the town to solve the mystery for them.
Long story short the whole thing is a test by the Baron to find a suitable guardian for his daughter Flora after his death, so after solving all the puzzles Layton and Luke leave the town with Flora.
None of the games actually spell out what happened afterwards but I guess Flora lives with Layton as his adopted daughter or something because she keeps joining Layton and Luke on their adventures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Accursed Walrus posted:

Something I just noticed - the UK version of the ticket lacks the "FOR" in "FOR FOLSENSE". Obviously, I used the US instruction booklet - hence the discrepancy - but these localization changes continue to baffle me.
If I had to guess, I'd say this change was so they could print and use one ticket design across Europe, instead of having to make five different designs with each language's equivalent of "for" and then have to change the puzzle to fit that new word.

• Locked thread