Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Puzzle 47:
It'll be twenty votes. The candidates will vote for themselves, leaving 37 votes free. Giving 19 of those votes to the candidate, + the one the candidate has for voting for them self makes it so any combination of votes the other two get will not be enough. 20-19-1 is the closest it can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Answer 43:

And just click those two pieces in.

Answer 39:

A: Red Shirt, White pants
B: White Shirt, Blue Pants (Both A and B kept one article of clothing, so the clothing they got from C must be White, and they kept the other)
C: Blue Shirt, Red Pants (The one given is the red trousers, and his shirt has changed colour and cannot be red.)

Answer 42:

Cut an L block off the top, and slide it 1 spot to the right and one spot down.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Puzzle 31:
So we've got two equations here. So let's do some simple algebra.

(1) J-1=T+1 and (2) J+2=3(T-2)

Simplify like so:
J-T-2=0 and J-3T+8=0

(1) - (2) = (3)

2T-10=0
T=5

Set (3) into (1) and get J-5-2=0 or J=7

So Thomas has 5 apples and Johnny has 7.

Puzzle 46:
Looking at it, I'd say D. You can put C in the bottom and link up A and B on top.

Puzzle 35:
Let's analyze the Clues:
1: Red House cannot be A, Blue House cannot be D, Red must be a higher letter than Blue.
4: Red House cannot be D.
3: Blue House cannot be A, Green House cannot be D, Blue must be a higher letter than Green
2: Green House cannot be B. This clue kind of sucks since I dunno if C or D is closer to the lake.

Going with what we know, the Yellow House must be D by process of elimination.
The Green House could be A or C. I'd have to reason C is closer than D, so let's say Green House is A.
Therefore the Blue house must be B, and the Red house C.

In short:
A: GREEN
B: BLUE
C: RED
D: YELLOW

Puzzle 54:
If we can use no dye, there are more than 6 answers which would have been my first guess.
It also turns out they say nothing about repeating colours, just that they can't be adjacent. so RWR would be fine.
Therefore my guess is 4X3X3 or 24 different permutations. If you use Red as the first colour, you can use the three other colours as the second colour, and lastly red and the other two unused colours as the third.

Puzzle 40:
I'm also bad at this kind of puzzle OP. All I can say for sure is that the Triangle is opposite the circle. Looking at how the triangle is pointed, the Human is opposite the heart, and the club is opposite the spade by process of elimination. The Triangle is below the Spade, and the circle is above it.

That makes:
-------Club
Heart--Circle
-------Spade---Human-
---------------Triangle

Puzzle 49:
What use is a single phone?

Puzzle 55:
uh... I dunno.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

W11:

B+3=2R (1)
2B=3R (2)

(2) - (1)

B-3=R (3)

Sub (3) into (2)

2B = 3(B-3)
2B = 3B-9
9 = B (4)

Sub (4) into (3)

9-3=R

R=6

Final Answer:
Rupert is 6
Bill is 9

W13:

(x-x) is included, therefore the answer is 0.

W14:

There must be 3 above it, 1 below it, two to the left of it and two to the right. The minimum number of gems needed is 5 in total.

- X - - -
- - - X -
- X - - -
- - O - -
- - - - X

• Locked thread