Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
Woo my buddy got in and hooked me up with a 4 day badge right before Saturday sold out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Friday is sold out.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
I feel bad for anyone coming from out of town and doing Thurs and Sunday. Since the only days are separated by 2 days.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

So goons, serious question is new york comic con as hard to get in to?

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I'm in if anyone wants Thursday and Sunday

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Shawn posted:

I'm in if anyone wants Thursday and Sunday
PM sent

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

efb

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I had enough to get you both

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Shawn posted:

I feel bad for anyone coming from out of town and doing Thurs and Sunday. Since the only days are separated by 2 days.

While the hotel bill will suck, there's more than enough to do outside of the building (bars included). Might as well kill a day at the Zoo/Sea World

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Haha, I actually told my wife and buddy we should do the Zoo.

Space_Butler and Alan Smithee, You guys are covered for Thursday Sunday, as well as Space Butler's Friend.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Shawn posted:

Space_Butler and Alan Smithee, You guys are covered for Thursday Sunday, as well as Space Butler's Friend.

sucks about fri-sat but wtf can you do. Thanks man, let me know in pm where to pay a pal

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Shawn posted:

You rule, thanks a ton! PM me your details to get this squared away.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

While the hotel bill will suck, there's more than enough to do outside of the building (bars included). Might as well kill a day at the Zoo/Sea World

The Hilton bar is more fun than the con, probably. You end up meeting/running into a lot of stars there, while drinking and having a generally fun time.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Shawn posted:

You absolutely should.The Zoo is awesome, and theres a chance to see some celebrities who are in town for the Con going to the Zoo too. A couple years ago when my family went to the zoo we saw Stana Katic from Castle there.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Neraren posted:

You absolutely should.The Zoo is awesome, and theres a chance to see some celebrities who are in town for the Con going to the Zoo too. A couple years ago when my family went to the zoo we saw Stana Katic from Castle there.

You're mailbox is full, Sorry I couldn't help you, My wife is still on so I will let you know if she get's in.

Edit: :( It's all gone.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Sold out
959am

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
:(

Congrats to all who are attending, I hate all of you. <3

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I miss the old days where it was a loving blood bath of F5'ing and server time outs and only the strongest made it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Neraren posted:

We took an elevator with Merry or Pippin from LOTR I can't remember which (guy from Lost)

and then another year we sneered at Olivia Munn for being out of our league

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Wow, I never got past the waiting room screen. You pretty much have to be in a group of 3 to guarantee getting even a single day to Con.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Yeah, that was a rough registration. I'm really sad not to see more success in the thread.

I'm thinking next year our luck will be worse even with pre-reg.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
Welp I'll try again next year. 7th time is the charm right?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

MadJackal posted:

Wow, I never got past the waiting room screen. You pretty much have to be in a group of 3 to guarantee getting even a single day to Con.

that's like buying 3 lottery tickets. Nobody I knew got anything

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
I had a group of three but no luck. I'm in denial; I always get a ticket! Surely there will be another sale... Right??

Nah honestly I was contemplating not going this year and this made things way easier. I may go to check out downtown poo poo for a day or two but at least I won't miss work like I do every year!

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

bobula posted:

I had a group of three but no luck. I'm in denial; I always get a ticket! Surely there will be another sale... Right??

Nah honestly I was contemplating not going this year and this made things way easier. I may go to check out downtown poo poo for a day or two but at least I won't miss work like I do every year!

They will sell off returned badges at a later date. Sometimes they do it on ebay.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:

Alan Smithee posted:

that's like buying 3 lottery tickets. Nobody I knew got anything

I had at least 9 confirmed people gunning for a badge for my brother this morning, with the possibility of there being a few more doing so as well. We got it, but it still took 35 minutes for one of us to get through. No preview night for either of us, but I'm very happy just to have fixed my mistake from prereg.

I thought it was a sure thing having a dozen people just trying to buy for one person, but I was sweating bullets when I didn't hear from anyone and preview night was sold out.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Shawn posted:

They will sell off returned badges at a later date. Sometimes they do it on ebay.

You okay if I wait til I get the email before I pp? Just so you know I'm not flaking or anything. I don't know if there's a way to check the status in your member acct

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

You okay if I wait til I get the email before I pp? Just so you know I'm not flaking or anything. I don't know if there's a way to check the status in your member acct

That's fine, or I can e-mail you the receipt it has your name on it.

Edt: I already e-mailed it to Space_Butler.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

FrensaGeran posted:

I miss the old days where it was a loving blood bath of F5'ing and server time outs and only the strongest made it.

That's how I got in for the first time a few years ago. I emailed them a screenshot of their broke rear end page, and they let me purchase badges.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Shawn posted:

That's fine, or I can e-mail you the receipt it has your name on it.

Edt: I already e-mailed it to Space_Butler.

Will pay back under threat of PERMADEATH

:samartrules:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

MadJackal posted:

You pretty much have to be in a group of 3 to guarantee getting even a single day to Con.

One must appreciate the tragic fact that only cool people who have friends were able to get in to a comic book convention.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

FrensaGeran posted:

One must appreciate the tragic fact that only cool people who have friends were able to get in to a mass media entertainment glut convention.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Wow it was rough this year. We had one person get in to get 4-day badges in the pre-reg but for this open reg we had 6 people waiting, only one got in to buy Thurs/Sun.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

FrensaGeran posted:

One must appreciate the tragic fact that only cool people who have friends were able to get in to a comic book convention.

What's even more interesting is that, in a convention full of people used to following crowds and rules and without gumption, you can pretty much get into everything and do whatever you want to just by acting like you're supposed to be doing whatever you're doing.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

There is no rhyme or reason to this system. Hoping the con makes more sense. Haven't gone since the last system, so just wondering if it's the same chaotic, wonderful shitstorm it always is. Also wondering how early one should be the day before or crack of dawn the day of to get good seats for Ballroom B and Hall H.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

FrensaGeran posted:

I miss the old days where you could get a ticket on site or even in the days leading up to the show online.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Pan Dulce posted:

There is no rhyme or reason to this system. Hoping the con makes more sense. Haven't gone since the last system, so just wondering if it's the same chaotic, wonderful shitstorm it always is. Also wondering how early one should be the day before or crack of dawn the day of to get good seats for Ballroom B and Hall H.

People are lining up at 3PM Friday for Saturday Hall H

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Pan Dulce posted:

Last year, I planned on getting into the Hall H line at midnight for Saturday. We were at the Hilton bar and looked outside and saw the line all the way on the pier (it didn't get to the pier until 4am the year before) at 8pm. So, entering the line at 8pm, we were in the last third or so of people that got into Hall H.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

FrensaGeran posted:

Honestly I do too. I had 100% success rate for 3 years with that, now I'm lucky if I get a day without relying on others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Pan Dulce posted:

I can see why people are upset, but this system really is the best way to deal with the sheer demand of the convention. It's easily the most fair and also prevents the system from crashing out like it used to. Barring an expansion of the center, there really are no "good" options for getting tickets. I mean, Hotel Registration is still first-come first-serve and that poo poo goes in a minute and a half.

As for lines, it depends on the panel. If you wanna do one of the huge Marvel/WB panels, you'll be waiting all day. You might not need to line up the night before, but getting there by 5AM is pretty much essential for Saturday panels. Smaller shows? You may be able to walk right in if a major panel lets out. Last year, my ex and I walked right in to the Giver panel because a big one had just ended, and she managed to stay for a surprise Chris Nolan appearance for Interstellar.

If you want to see cool poo poo, you don't necessarily have to be in one of the Big Two panels to have fun. If you've done them before, my personal opinion is that you'd have a better time doing other things instead of killing a day unless your body just really needs the extra rest sitting Hall H for a few hours can give.

• Locked thread