Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Shawn posted:

Haha, I actually told my wife and buddy we should do the Zoo.

Space_Butler and Alan Smithee, You guys are covered for Thursday Sunday, as well as Space Butler's Friend.

You absolutely should.The Zoo is awesome, and theres a chance to see some celebrities who are in town for the Con going to the Zoo too. A couple years ago when my family went to the zoo we saw Stana Katic from Castle there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Hijinks Ensue posted:

I'm worried about putting all my eggs in one basket. If all my choices are downtown hotels and I don't get any, I'm out of luck. Should I pick four downtown and two elsewhere hotels?

That is probably wise. The shuttle service is pretty spectacular, so not being downtown isn't much of an imposition at all.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
This form was horrible. I was helping my parents through it, and not having checkboxes or something for the hotels is the worst.

E: And just realized this was a bug. I had to resend my forms even though they warned against it. Welp, Hope I get the Embassy Suites at least.

Neraren fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 24, 2015

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Axel Serenity posted:

Uh, you're supposed to put in your hotels in order of preference via a pull-down menu. Once you select one, it saves that below and the pull-down tab resets.

Not sure what you got. :stare:

We just got a big list that you had to hit control to select 6 of them. It happened to me and my parents too. I went back and resent once I saw you guys had proper forms.

There is no validation on form submission, even the confirmation boxes at the end. I can only guess that's a bandwidth saving measure, but it means theres going to be a LOT of forms with improper data.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
Anyone still looking for a room at this point?

The rest of my party ended up not being able to make it, so they're looking to get someone to take over the deposit of either a single King room or a double twin room at the Hilton Mission Valley. The rooms look really nice from the website. I could potentially take a roommate, too, if someone wants to split the cost of a double twin. I have PMs, or email yawgthedruid@aol.com

E: Oh! Also, we have three spare tickets to w00tstock. Lower level, stage right, near the middle of the theater.

Neraren fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 29, 2015

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
Still got 3 spare floor tickets to w00tstock to get rid of. It's always a lot of fun, my family just can't make it this year. Singing the Reading Rainbow theme song with Levar Burton is one of my favorite SDCC memories.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
At the The Hateful Eight panel. I could listen to Quentin Tarantino talk about the minutia of camera lenses and 70 mm film for hours. Only at Comic Con.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

bigmike posted:

I got a 4-day badge this year with my name on it (and still have it) through someone else. I just made a member ID and account but can't validate my badge with this account. Will I be able to pre-register at any point with my badge?

If you have a badge with your name on it, there's probably an account with your name on it already. I'd ask the someone about the linked ID. Unless there were shenanigans, they should have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Dr Tran posted:

I really should have gotten in a buying group.

I go with a party of 3 every year, and none of us got in. If we don't get lucky during the general sale, this is the first time in 5 years we won't be going.

E: Just got in with only Sundays. Welp, closing this window.

Neraren fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 14, 2015

• Locked thread