Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Between my friend and I we must've used at least 7 or 8 emails to attempt for the lottery. Not a single one was chosen to be in the lottery at all. RIP

Darke GBF fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The LACC is nowhere near big enough to host Comic-Con. LA sucks rear end anyway, and the eateries there outside of Little Tokyo are either poo poo or expensive.

Las Vegas. That's the place for Comic-Con, baby. Booya.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Jack Skeleton posted:

Vegas is the place to host a con that you really don't want the focus to be on the con.

I wouldn't say that, but having surrounding activities of that quantity would definitely take some pressure off the con. When the hosting city is a vacation destination on its own, you don't feel compelled to spend every minute of the weekend at the convention itself.

In terms of surroundings, I think I'd rank it Vegas > San Diego > Anaheim > LA. Obviously some would disagree, but keep in mind the space in the LVCC is so great that it could probably accommodate a lot more ticket sales. More people could go, so tickets wouldn't be as hard to get every year. I poked around Google a bit but couldn't find how big the largest room is in there though, so I cant really say whether or not the Hall H-esque panels would be able to accommodate more people. It wouldn't surprise me, though.

My only legitimate gripe with Las Vegas would be the weather. San Diego is always pretty nice out, with the marina being nice and cool. I'd definitely miss that, since I definitely spend a not-insignificant amount of time outside walking. Though last year there was this weird hot rain that happened for like 3 minutes on one of the days. That was bizarre.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

RevKrule posted:

Did anyone get any hand outs from any panels in Hall H? I spent a good portion of Saturday in Hall H and got dick all. My wife spent the morning there on Sunday and got the same.

Also, how crazy was passing the Marriott construction area to/from the Hyatt or did everyone just go around the back way? Since I never got redemption tickets, I never went to the redemption room at the Hyatt so I never approached from that direction but I'm super curious. This year seriously had some of the worst traffic management I've ever dealt with at SDCC and there's been some bad traffic before. The only time I was a little more ok with the bad traffic was the one time I was going by the WB booth and the Gotham signing was just starting and I somehow ended up right next to the barricade to walk along so I got some pictures of the cast as I was walking by. Otherwise it was a lot of bullshit and a lot of large loving groups just deciding to stop in the middle of large traffic arteries and then getting upset when you had to push through them because that was the only thing you could do.

Nothing from Hall H on Sunday, nor the DC TV panel late on Saturday (sucks cause last year got a cool shirt from that one). Agree on the lovely traffic control for sure, there were times where I just got brought to a standstill all over the place where usually it would've been a crawl. Does Comic Con usually employ StaffPro? Those guys have been poo poo at other cons I've been to, thought they used somebody else.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

9:00 rolls around. Click back to tab with waiting room... "Problem loading page."

gently caress me.

edit: nvm, the yellow message says they're getting ready to begin. Nothing is hosed dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Easy year for me. Usually a friend gets mine, but this year I got mine, his, and his friend's. Cool.

• Locked thread